castlerocker
Cowpoke

We're picked 10th out of 11 teams.

At least we're not last.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

castlerocker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 am We're picked 10th out of 11 teams.

At least we're not last.
If SJS is 11, then we've gone as low as possible (without dropping down to the JC level).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 pm
castlerocker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 am We're picked 10th out of 11 teams.

At least we're not last.
If SJS is 11, then we've gone as low as possible (without dropping down to the JC level).
SJSU is indeed at the bottom. Interestingly, SJSU was picked dead last by each media member. Losing Justin James, I am not so sure we are better than SJSU. Hope to be proven wildly wrong.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/oct/1 ... on-basket/
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Is it just me or does it seem like Carvacho has been at CSU for 8 years?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

[
castlerocker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 am At least we're not last.
Not yet.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Well hell. I'm sitting here with a detached and torn retina in 2 places ( surgically repaired yesterday) and I can still see more positives than all y'all combined. Nowhere to go but up, right?
Sometimes, when an extremely good player is surrounded by rookies, times are tough. Those youngsters were bloodied last year, and instead of watching JJ, this year they'll have to play better as a team.
The best Cowboys team I had the pleasure of watching (tubs, Garnett, at al) were not good at first, b u t they became Champions. I'm not saying this team will repeat that experience, but I prefer thinking positive.
And don't accuse me of wearing brown and gold glasses dammit. My eye is too swollen, altho perhaps I'm still under the effects of good drugs.
Give em hell, pokes!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

nwpoke wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 pm Well hell. I'm sitting here with a detached and torn retina in 2 places ( surgically repaired yesterday) and I can still see more positives than all y'all combined. Nowhere to go but up, right?
Sometimes, when an extremely good player is surrounded by rookies, times are tough. Those youngsters were bloodied last year, and instead of watching JJ, this year they'll have to play better as a team.
The best Cowboys team I had the pleasure of watching (tubs, Garnett, at al) were not good at first, b u t they became Champions. I'm not saying this team will repeat that experience, but I prefer thinking positive.
And don't accuse me of wearing brown and gold glasses dammit. My eye is too swollen, altho perhaps I'm still under the effects of good drugs.
Give em hell, pokes!
I'm also highen this team that almost everone else around here. I think we can be decent this year. But there isn't much point in discussing it here until the games start. I like a lot of our returning young guys.(Its awesome that Maldo is only a Sophmore but is the team leader and has been around a long time with lots of experience) And I am excited to see a couple of the new guys who I think can be really good. Need a tough low post player to play D and rebound and I'm not sure we have that but I hope there is someone on the team to step up there.

Bring on the games so we can actually discuss bball.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I hear you. I've been waiting for someone who knows hoops, who has seen a practice or two, to weigh in. Especially regarding our new bigs. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

TSpoke wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:50 am
nwpoke wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 pm Well hell. I'm sitting here with a detached and torn retina in 2 places ( surgically repaired yesterday) and I can still see more positives than all y'all combined. Nowhere to go but up, right?
Give em hell, pokes!
I'm also highen this team that almost everone else around here. I think we can be decent this year. But there isn't much point in discussing it here until the games start. I like a lot of our returning young guys.(Its awesome that Maldo is only a Sophmore but is the team leader and has been around a long time with lots of experience) And I am excited to see a couple of the new guys who I think can be really good. Need a tough low post player to play D and rebound and I'm not sure we have that but I hope there is someone on the team to step up there.

Bring on the games so we can actually discuss bball.
I don't want to speak for all the negative nancies, but I think the majority of us believe the biggest problem is with the staff and not the players. I think this team is competitive in the MWC with a competent staff, but Edwards and Co. are in over their heads.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

When I saw the topic name I thought Edwards forfeited the season