Justin James #40 to Sacramento Kings

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player and to a team with Buddy Heald, and get to see him often in Denver, way to go JJ
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Congrats, JJ!! Tremendous accomplishment.

I'm a bit surprised, not because I don' think he's got the talent, but because I'd heard just about nothing that would have lead me to believe he'd be drafted. Pleasant Surprise.

Three MWC players drafted last night
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Justin was Sacramento's first pick. Sacramento drafted 3 in second round (none in first), including another guard. James was 11th guard drafted in entire draft. Way to go!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Upon reading about this they are pretty much planning to play him right away. Good for him. Always good to have players drafted. Positive publicity like this is always good, especially for our ailing basketball program.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

This was a great pick. And a great landing spot for Jj. Kings badly need a ball handler and scorer off the bench.

I loved watching him and was sold. Talking to him in Las Vegas now I know for sure.

This is going to work out. 6th man on a team on the rise
LifeItself
Buckaroo

Watched JJ on Tuesday night. Smooth as always and had a solid all around game and contributed off the stat sheet as well with hustle and communication. Scored 8 points, 6 RB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK and the highest +/- on the team by far, in 22 minutes of play. In the summer league there's not much of a half court game or ball movement otherwise he would have likely scored more.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

He's out for the rest of the Summer. Sprained knee.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm He's out for the rest of the Summer. Sprained knee.
At least he got that contract signed before any injury! Congrats to JJ and I hope he is able to recover and fall into a solid role on the team.
LifeItself
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm He's out for the rest of the Summer. Sprained knee.
That explains why he wasn't in during the last minute of the game during crunch time. I feared that but couldn't find anything. Even on the Kings website. Thanks.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Some video of Justin during summer league

https://www.nba.com/kings/video/teams/k ... 07-12-2019