Wyo should add Baseball/softball/Beach Volleyball

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Individual donors would pay for Baseball to return to UW. Would adding 2 women's teams like softball and beach volleyball do it?

Renovate cowboy field with an indoor beach volleyball facility somewhere over there.

Oh yeah. Conference Expansion.

Phase 1: Gonzaga, Long Beach, Denver, Wichita

Phase 2: Houston and BYU

Phase 3: Kansas and Kansas St
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Basketball quadrents for now.

Wyo/AFA/DU/csu
New Mexico/Wichita/unlv/Nevada
Gonzaga/Fresno/Boise/utah st
Hawaii/sdsu/Long Beach/San Jose

Down the road

Houston/UTEP/Wichita/Kansas/kSt
Wyo/AFA/csu/New Mexico/Denver
Gonzaga/BYU/utah st/Boise/USF
Hawaii/SD/LB/Pepperdine/Irvine
Unlv/Nevada/Fresno/SanJ/GCU
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 am Basketball quadrents for now.
I thought we learned our lesson on quadrants. If not, we should have.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Is there anyone in the country that has indoor beach volleyball? Just curious.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Mr. conference realignment again.

There is no way that individual donors will come anywhere within the stratosphere of paying for a domed baseball stadium. This is beyond pie in the sky. The HAPC bled the athletic donors dry for big capital projects for the foreseeable future. The legislature has no money and won’t have any money to give either.

While we all love baseball and while I average 10-15 rockies games a year, baseball makes no sense in Laramie as a varsity sport plain and simple.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Beach volleyball? In Wyoming. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Wyoming isn't going to add ANY sport - no matter if it makes sense or not. In fact, if Tom had his way, we would downsize more, but then we wouldn't be compliant to be members of the MWC.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:49 pm Mr. conference realignment again.

There is no way that individual donors will come anywhere within the stratosphere of paying for a domed baseball stadium. This is beyond pie in the sky. The HAPC bled the athletic donors dry for big capital projects for the foreseeable future. The legislature has no money and won’t have any money to give either.

While we all love baseball and while I average 10-15 rockies games a year, baseball makes no sense in Laramie as a varsity sport plain and simple.
No dome on cowboy field. just a renovation for cowboy field, soccer, track, tennis, and build a one of a kind indoor Beach. What's so hard about that?

Also Ice hockey with the goal of being a year in year out top 10 program. Build an elite facility. Men's and women's hockey.

And before anyone mentions needing more women's sports it's time to scholarship the wildfire dance team. Bet there's a few here willing to help recruit. "Nothing spreads like Wildfire"
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:35 am

No dome on cowboy field. just a renovation for cowboy field, soccer, track, tennis, and build a one of a kind indoor Beach. What's so hard about that?

Also Ice hockey with the goal of being a year in year out top 10 program. Build an elite facility. Men's and women's hockey.

And before anyone mentions needing more women's sports it's time to scholarship the wildfire dance team. Bet there's a few here willing to help recruit. "Nothing spreads like Wildfire"
You mean all that we have to do is build a one of a kind indoor beach, renovate Cowboy Field to handle multiple Division 1 sports including baseball and build an elite hockey facility add probably 3-4 women's sports and build appropriate facilities for those sports to comply with Title IX...that's it? Get Tom Burman on the phone right now to let him know of your brilliant plan!! :rofl: :rofl:
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

A) No way you could sustain a somewhat competitive D1 baseball program in Laramie, Wyoming without some kind of dome/roof/protection from the elements, not possible.

B) Ice Hockey would NEVER be a year-in, year-out Top 10 program, that is an even bigger pipe dream than having a baseball team return. Seriously, this is like saying UW should just add Men's Lacrosse and they would be national title contenders in 5 years, it's just not feasible.

C) Why in the hell would you try to offset Title IX by giving scholarship and money to the dance team???

Seriously, I appreciate you thinking outside of the box with all this stuff, but the problem is that you clearly have no clue how college athletics works and your proposals are so far out of reality that they aren't even comical.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:37 am

You mean all that we have to do is build a one of a kind indoor beach, renovate Cowboy Field to handle multiple Division 1 sports including baseball and build an elite hockey facility add probably 3-4 women's sports and build appropriate facilities for those sports to comply with Title IX...that's it? Get Tom Burman on the phone right now to let him know of your brilliant plan!! :rofl: :rofl:
I don't talk to him on the phone.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:10 pm

A) No way you could sustain a somewhat competitive D1 baseball program in Laramie, Wyoming without some kind of dome/roof/protection from the elements, not possible.

B) Ice Hockey would NEVER be a year-in, year-out Top 10 program, that is an even bigger pipe dream than having a baseball team return. Seriously, this is like saying UW should just add Men's Lacrosse and they would be national title contenders in 5 years, it's just not feasible.

C) Why in the hell would you try to offset Title IX by giving scholarship and money to the dance team???

Seriously, I appreciate you thinking outside of the box with all this stuff, but the problem is that you clearly have no clue how college athletics works and your proposals are so far out of reality that they aren't even comical.
A). Not true. Northern Colorado has had a nationally elite baseball program. Wyoming has had a nationally respected program. Many poor weather schools are top 50 programs

B) how can the university of Denver be a national power but UW couldn't? An arena and a statewide program developing hockey could be worth the effort in a bunch of different ways even if a title contender never came

C) why scholarship Wildfire? Well Ive always been a huge believer already. Imagine if they paid them
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

And it's the offseason. So hopefully everyone Understands this is 50% for fun
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I guess what I'm picturing for the beach facility is maybe a platform at the top of cowboy field or the soccer stadium or somthing maybe a 100 or so feet up in the air showcasing the mountains with some glass walls and ceiling. Maybe a lazy river around it and a wave machine and some pools and hot tubs.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:57 pm People forgot about cowboy baseball
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:56 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:10 pm

A). Not true. Northern Colorado has had a nationally elite baseball program. Wyoming has had a nationally respected program. Many poor weather schools are top 50 programs

B) how can the university of Denver be a national power but UW couldn't? An arena and a statewide program developing hockey could be worth the effort in a bunch of different ways even if a title contender never came

C) why scholarship Wildfire? Well Ive always been a huge believer already. Imagine if they paid them
A) I shouldn't have to explain the difference in climate between Greeley and Laramie, suffice it to say they are quite different. Also, UNC hasn't been an elite program since at least the 70s.

B) I shouldn't have to explain the multitude of differences between U of Denver (academics, program prestige, location, etc.) and Wyoming.

C) Fair enough.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

The solution to Couer d' Alene's fantasy...convince a really old billionaire to leave all of his/her assets to Cowboy athletics with specific monies bequested to hockey and baseball. Additionally, if that billionaire happens to claim Wyoming as his/her domicile, also convince the billionaire's spouse to waive any rights to any elective shares (which is 1/2 in Wyoming). If that billionaire has kids, tell them tough luck but throw in a pair of Wildcatter tickets. There you go Couer d' Alene, the only possibility to achieving your fantasy.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

------- As much as I miss the Baseball program it would be tough to compete. Baseball overall in the MW is dying out with only 6 teams. Title IX should have taken into account Football and most people didn't want to count it. That is why wrestling died off in so many colleges. Wyoming was never great when it's demise came, while the wrestling team was a top-10 program during that span.

-----Look at the state of Wyoming hockey. Denver puts all it's eggs in the Lacrosse and Hockey basket so they are competitive, and they are in Denver. The Cheyenne Stampede was some of the worst hockey I have ever seen in my life. The WSHL would never be able to provide talent to compete against the DU, Colorado Colleges, or name a D-1 school. There is too much opportunity in the NE (not to mention the hockey academy/factories) for kids.

Why not bring back our Nordic program who was always competitive, and we have the area to provide a good team. I do get frustrated when our Cross Country team doesn't fair well when we have some of the best areas to train in.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Vapoke wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:52 pm
Why not bring back our Nordic program who was always competitive, and we have the area to provide a good team. I do get frustrated when our Cross Country team doesn't fair well when we have some of the best areas to train in.
This is actually a very good idea. This is something that I could see Wyoming doing well in.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LOL Wyoming actually HAD ice hockey but it was from 1948 to 1951. Got the info from the official site.

Go to this link...

https://gowyo.com/sports/2016/6/30/_131 ... 59617.aspx
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

I would settle for a decent basketball team