WNIT

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Wyoming opens with Northern Colorado Thursday at home. 630pm tip-off
Lobo2x53
Buckaroo

Congratulations to the Cowgirls for another win today. Not an easy one.

Keep Bailey Cotton's & Marta Gomez' careers going. :)
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Lobo2x53 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:24 pm Congratulations to the Cowgirls for another win today. Not an easy one.

Keep Bailey Cotton's & Marta Gomez' careers going. :)
Agreed. Well done ladies!! Making us all proud to be Wyoming fans.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

We get Pepperdine next this coming Thursday at the AA.

Winner will get the winner of Idaho @ Arizona.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:09 pm We get Pepperdine next this coming Thursday at the AA.

Winner will get the winner of Idaho @ Arizona.
If we beat Pepperdine I firmly believe that the next round will be extremely difficult. Yes we beat Idaho once already, but if we get Arizona I am fairly worried about our matchups from here on out. Beating Pepperdine will be no small task. But I am firmly excited to see us make it past the first two rounds.

This team has played well and not so well in both the first two games, which tells me through my B&G glasses that they have yet to play their best game this tournament. This team needs to bring their A game. They are too good and too deserving not to at least make the WNIT Final Four.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Movin on, we'll see how they handle it on the road against Arizona
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Over 5k in attendance at the game. What was the max attendance for men's team this year?

Damn I miss the days of the early 2k for men's basketball....

Come on ladies!! Take it to the cats this weekend!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:57 pm Over 5k in attendance at the game. What was the max attendance for men's team this year?

Damn I miss the days of the early 2k for men's basketball....

Come on ladies!! Take it to the cats this weekend!!!!
I was there and there were way more actual butts in seats than any Cowboys game.

Great job, Cowgirls! Keep it up
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

The Livestream from Arizona is bush league.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I had a bad feeling we were going to get smacked around by Arizona. Sucks their season came to an end today. They did the state proud.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Road woes, like always, good year tho
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Hopefully the fanbase won't have to wait 12 more years for a quarterfinal repeat in the WNIT.

:roll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:18 pm Hopefully the fanbase won't have to wait 12 more years for a quarterfinal repeat in the WNIT.

Who cares if we do? WNIT year after year means nothing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:03 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:18 pm Hopefully the fanbase won't have to wait 12 more years for a quarterfinal repeat in the WNIT.

I agree, i like Joe but not getting to the big dance, the ultimate goal, how many years before mediocrity takes its toll as well
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

If the men made it to the NIT quarterfinals it would honestly be one of the highlights of my Cowboys fanhood. I think it's a good accomplishment.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Uh oh - how dare you challenge the WBB program! NIT quarterfinals every 12 years is a wonderful accomplishment. TIC

Serious questions - has Joe reached his ceiling? How many more years will he want to do this?
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am

Uh oh - how dare you challenge the WBB program! NIT quarterfinals every 12 years is a wonderful accomplishment. TIC

Serious questions - has Joe reached his ceiling? How many more years will he want to do this?
Again, if the men's team made the NIT at all, let alone won three games in it, I would be pretty pleased. I don't know why anyone is discounting it for the girls program. It means something

Anyway, yes. Either a first round exit in the NCAAs or a run in the NIT is about all we're going to get from Joe, but it's as good or better than every other team in the conference except lady Donkey State
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:49 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am

Again, if the men's team made the NIT at all, let alone won three games in it, I would be pretty pleased. I don't know why anyone is discounting it for the girls program. It means something

Anyway, yes. Either a first round exit in the NCAAs or a run in the NIT is about all we're going to get from Joe, but it's as good or better than every other team in the conference except lady Donkey State
I knew somebody would compare our WBB results to our MBB results. Major differences and serious lack of AD leadership with the MBB program (how many coaches have taken the helm for MBB since Legerski took the helm for the WBB program).
Dear Karma,

Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:12 am

If the men made it to the NIT quarterfinals it would honestly be one of the highlights of my Cowboys fanhood. I think it's a good accomplishment.
Given where the men's program has been lately, a NIT run would be exciting. Doing it year after year and not taking the next step would have us all disappointed.