Kenny Foster Colorado Gatorade POY

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Our Signee was named as the Colorado POY. Really good pick-up for us he seems like he could be special and sounds like a great kid as well.
https://basketballcolorado.com/basketba ... ny-foster/

And another article from the Denver Post about his last game with some good quotes from coaches.
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/03/02/s ... ep-career/
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Kenny.2 ?

His junior tape shows a really good player. Senior tape shows a huge physical improvement. He's a stud and physically dominant.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

People down here in Colorado are blown away that CU or CSU didn't take a shot on this kid. They all say we got a good one.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Sounds like a josh Adams’s type motor and competitor.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Path to relevancy for Wyoming basketball:

1. HIRE A NEW COACH THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING....

After that we can discuss this or that recruit.

*edit...my apologies...I do get excited about good recruits. I'm just sooo bummed we aren't showing Edwards the door.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Awesome accomplishment, but it hard for me to get too excited about anything about this program
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

307bball wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am Path to relevancy for Wyoming basketball:

*edit...my apologies...I do get excited about good recruits. I'm just sooo bummed we aren't showing Edwards the door.
"Kenny, I notice you like to rebound. Well I need you to stop that immediately. Oh, and you look like you like structure. That's not what we do here. Dribble around aimlessly until the shot clock reads 3 seconds, then jack up a three-pointer. We'll turn you into a Cowboy yet."
307bball
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:59 am
307bball wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am Path to relevancy for Wyoming basketball:

"Kenny, I notice you like to rebound. Well I need you to stop that immediately. Oh, and you look like you like structure. That's not what we do here. Dribble around aimlessly until the shot clock reads 3 seconds, then jack up a three-pointer. We'll turn you into a Cowboy yet."
:rofl:
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

poop sorry guys. I forgot we can't post positive stuff related to basketball here. My bad.
:D
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

TSpoke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:41 am poop sorry guys. I forgot we can't post positive stuff related to basketball here. My bad.
I'm glad you mentioned him. I had just been watching him and had become really excited for Kenny.2

What's not to like about about a kid that looks like a stronger more athletic Marcus Bailey? With a three point shot
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Kenny.2 bout to take Wyoming to NCAA's 4 years in a row and win national title #2

Banks/Hendricks
Kenny
Trace young/TJ
Hunter/Porter
Hunter

Sweet 16
307bball
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:41 am poop sorry guys. I forgot we can't post positive stuff related to basketball here. My bad.
I guess one could find the heat given off by a burning house pleasant....(I'm being slightly sarcastic here). Seriously though, it's just hard to get excited about the apple that is cowboy bball while the core (Edwards) is rotten.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 pm Kenny.2 bout to take Wyoming to NCAA's 4 years in a row and win national title #2

Banks/Hendricks
Kenny
Trace young/TJ
Hunter/Porter
Hunter

Sweet 16
I love your optimism. But no way in hell. :?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:15 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 pm Kenny.2 bout to take Wyoming to NCAA's 4 years in a row and win national title #2

Banks/Hendricks
Kenny
Trace young/TJ
Hunter/Porter
Hunter

Sweet 16
I love your optimism. But no way in hell. :?
Didn't say which tournament... that roster could possibly raise another CBI appearance banner lol
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

That roster is a little scary, if Hendricks is our back up PG. I think our lineup looks like this:
1- Banks- showed some flashes especially at the end of the year. Great motor and is a great defender and rebounder. Super athletic
2- Foster or Hendricks- Foster looks like the real deal, but transition from HS to college is daunting for many
3- Hunter M- possibly the best all around player. Look for him to become a better scorer. Definitely good going to the rack, needs to work on his outside game a little, but awesome rebounder and defender
4- Trace Young- oozes with potential. Could turn into a Wyoming great, if Edwards allows him to play.
5- Hunter Thompson- more of a stretch 4, but definitely has the ability to light it up as well

We need more focus on team rebounding and a bruiser in the middle (think Leonard Washington) or a shot blocker (Theo or Justin Williams). We are real solid imo 2,3,4 with TJ, Porter and Kwame Marble as well. Hopefully Belt can play some point and we get some beef to help Thompson
RapeljeJack
Buckaroo

Vt poke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:32 pm That roster is a little scary, if Hendricks is our back up PG. I think our lineup looks like this:
1- Banks- showed some flashes especially at the end of the year. Great motor and is a great defender and rebounder. Super athletic
2- Foster or Hendricks- Foster looks like the real deal, but transition from HS to college is daunting for many
3- Hunter M- possibly the best all around player. Look for him to become a better scorer. Definitely good going to the rack, needs to work on his outside game a little, but awesome rebounder and defender
4- Trace Young- oozes with potential. Could turn into a Wyoming great, if Edwards allows him to play.
5- Hunter Thompson- more of a stretch 4, but definitely has the ability to light it up as well

We need more focus on team rebounding and a bruiser in the middle (think Leonard Washington) or a shot blocker (Theo or Justin Williams). We are real solid imo 2,3,4 with TJ, Porter and Kwame Marble as well. Hopefully Belt can play some point and we get some beef to help Thompson
Don't get too excited just yet.....there is a report on the other site that maybe Trace Young is leaving. If this is the case, I think that the coaches wives should be buying boxes to pack in. I do not know why anyone would or could get excited about the possibilities for next season with this men's bb program under Edwards.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:32 pm That roster is a little scary, if Hendricks is our back up PG. I think our lineup looks like this:

Great post

I see what you do and think another positive is both the hs pg and the juco pg coming in look really good. Atleast one and now with young gone maybe both need to be impact players.

Young leaving me worries me for how everyone slides one more spot out of where they might be the best at

Kenny- really want to see him at the 2 but looks like he has to slide to the 3 and we go from a big team to a small

TJ Taylor and Brandon Porter. The way I see these guys is they are mwc championship level 7/8th man types.

Hendricks - I think he could be a phenomenal 6th man. Brett Mcfall type role. Come in and get hot fast. Make things happen. Without young they prob start TJ as a non offensive option so they prob take the easy way out and play Hendricks and make him be option 1B kind of with Maldonado
RapeljeJack
Buckaroo

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Great post

I see what you do and think another positive is both the hs pg and the juco pg coming in look really good. Atleast one and now with young gone maybe both need to be impact players.

Young leaving me worries me for how everyone slides one more spot out of where they might be the best at

Kenny- really want to see him at the 2 but looks like he has to slide to the 3 and we go from a big team to a small

TJ Taylor and Brandon Porter. The way I see these guys is they are mwc championship level 7/8th man types.

Hendricks - I think he could be a phenomenal 6th man. Brett Mcfall type role. Come in and get hot fast. Make things happen. Without young they prob start TJ as a non offensive option so they prob take the easy way out and play Hendricks and make him be option 1B kind of with Maldonado
Trace Young was kicked out of the program by Edwards....write off his "potential"