Is it Thursday Yet

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Can't wait for the NCAA to start this week. Had some leave days I had to use, so I took Thursday and Friday off work. Trib spoke to Cole and Hayden this past week, and they admitted to being their own enemies. If Cole can rip off a big win to start the NCAAs then the team has a habit of falling suit. Some guys have a decent path to AA, so we shall see. I am not going to make predictions, but hope to see some great effort from the boys.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Is there a way to watch all rounds? I know the finals are on one of the ESPNs, but anywhere besides Flo to watch the rest of it for free?
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Everything is on ESPN ONLINE. and ESPNU
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Sweet, thanks for the info
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Listening to flowrestling today they picked Bridges and Ashworth to both AA this year. They seem pretty high on Montorie.
Hastings probably has the best outside chance to AA beyond Montorie and Ashworth.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Verner moved up to the #22 seed due to injury from someone else. He will now take on Piotrowski from Illinois.

He lost to Piotrowski ealrier in Vegas 9-7.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Go Zags all the way
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Vapoke wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 pm Listening to flowrestling today they picked Bridges and Ashworth to both AA this year. They seem pretty high on Montorie.
Hastings probably has the best outside chance to AA beyond Montorie and Ashworth.
My best outside shot at AA is Brian Andrews. I like him to beat Nevills in the rematch...then he faces Gable Steveson. But the consolation draw after that point could be favorable. I will say this too - - I predict Steveson to lose twice at the NCAAs. I already made my pick really early in the season for Cassar at HWT. Derek White got extremely lucky being the 1 seed as he hasn't faced either Cassar or Steveson this year and now those guys are on the opposite side of the bracket.

It is easy to be high on Bridges because he is wrestling great! But that 133 bracket is daunting (would be even more so if Seth Gross wasn't hurt...Fix, Suriano, Micic, Lizak, Desanto, Pletcher, Tariq Wilson and freshmen studs Phillippi,Gomez, Bravo-Young). If Bridges obtains AA this year, he will legitimize himself as a world class wrestler.

I really like Ashworth at 165 and coming off 2 losses at the Big 12s. The dude is a competitor and those losses and being his senior season, I see him coming out with Meredith level fire. Outside of Marinelli and Joseph, I can see Ashworth knocking off everyone else in that bracket and I wouldn't think it as an upset. We will see, but I'm really high on Ashworth at this tournament.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Vapoke wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm Verner moved up to the #22 seed due to injury from someone else. He will now take on Piotrowski from Illinois.

He lost to Piotrowski ealrier in Vegas 9-7.
Great draw for Verner! He is fully capable of knocking off both Piotrowski and Russell (whether he will actually do it is a different story).

125 is an interesting weight class. I think it is the most open weight with about 10 different guys that could win it. Rivera is good but a lot of flaws were exposed in his match against Micic. Spencer Lee is one of the most talented wrestlers in the world but he has something going on physically that isn't being disclosed. My surprise pick to win it all...Jack Mueller from Virginia. Mueller was at 133 last year and dropped back down to 125 where he was a 2017 semifinalist.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Not a bad pick on Andrews. He and Hayden are the same, whcih guy deceids to shwo up and crush the competition. Turner doesn't have a bad path either as 141 beyond McKenna and Yanni is open as well. Andrews shoudl have confidence after scoring a takedown against Dehsi.

I went back and watched the Verner vs Pitrowski match. Verner got down 6-0 quick, but outscored Pitrowski 7-3 over the last two periods. Take that for what it is worth, but Verner can definitely hand with guys. The Top 4 in this bracket might be untouchable.

Like I said the Verner match is going to determine how guys like Hayden and Tate respond. When Ashworth lost it really showed with Hayden and Tate. When Ashworth wins it translate to the team, much like the Verner pin on Fausz. Wilson at 133 is probably going to be a non-factor since his injuries have mounted this year.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Thanx for playin Nevada and Utah St, kinda disappointing