Cowboys vs Bozos

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Will be at work during this but sure hope Edwards brought his coaching notes and our Pokes show up to play. Get er done Pokes, it's a new season(thankfully)
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Good 1st half so far!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

What an incredible block by JJ, That hang time was rediculous.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This is the worst season since 1973-1974. That year, the Pokes won 4 games and Wyoming stuck with Radovich and the next year they won 10. Once again they stuck with old Moe and the team won 10 games again. Only after all of that did the university decide to move on.

Since history has a way of repeating itself, I believe Edwards and the entire staff will keep their jobs and I fear they will repeat this fiasco again next year, maybe not even winning 8 games. And knowing Burman, he will probably give Edwards another year and they will luck out and win 10.

These kids were clueless out there all year, like a ship without a rudder. Piss poor coaching, piss poor conditioning, piss poor results. At least this nightmare is over for the year. Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope that things will improve any time soon.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

CowboyNV wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm This is the worst season since 1973-1974. That year, the Pokes won 4 games and Wyoming stuck with Radovich and the next year they won 10. Once again they stuck with old Moe and the team won 10 games again. Only after all of that did the university decide to move on.

Since history has a way of repeating itself, I believe Edwards and the entire staff will keep their jobs and I fear they will repeat this fiasco again next year, maybe not even winning 8 games. And knowing Burman, he will probably give Edwards another year and they will luck out and win 10.

These kids were clueless out there all year, like a ship without a rudder. Piss poor coaching, piss poor conditioning, piss poor results. At least this nightmare is over for the year. Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope that things will improve any time soon.
This scenario is my biggest worry as well and almost guaranteed to happen if Edwards is retained. Wyoming athletics always hold coaches 1 to 3 years more than they should when the signs are obvious that they should go, which puts our programs in deeper and deeper holes.

Edwards should be fired tonight and a national coaching search started not based on just this year but also based on the mirage of the last two years where easy schedules and down years of the conference gave us inflated win totals even with our poor coaching on those years too. But my fear is we have him another year or more, and next year and the ones following we will still all be asking why wasn't Edwards fired years ago.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Didnt hear much of 2nd half(kinda glad) complete collapse i have did NM step it up?? Pathetic yet again
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

3 years of Edwards. Record in the MWC tournament is 1-3. The lone win vs mighty San Jose State. No more Justin James. Anyone with a basketball IQ over 0 can see where this is heading.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We can’t afford another year of this. The program is in shambles