Air Force

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Another L, to get so close and not being able toclose it out, man oh man, sure hope they can go to SJSU and get at least one more for the year, I'm thinking of coming down for Senior day next week, to see JJ off against the Bozos
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

You really only need to look at one stat game after game after game - rebounding. Air Force out rebounded Wyoming 41 - 29. Think about this for a minute, AF starters are 6'7, 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, and 6'2. The starters did most of the damage. How in the f-word does a team with the tallest guy on the court only 6'7 get 12 more boards than a team with a lot of players that are taller (Naughton should have had 20 by himself). This is beyond embarrassing. This is a flaming poop show, with players that literally have no clue what to do and probably shouldn't be on the court. If JJ wasn't here this year, Wyoming would have ZERO wins. This is literally the worst team I have ever seen at Wyoming in over 60 years of watching the Pokes. If Edwards is here another year, you can probably kiss the basketball program goodbye. Sorry for the rant, but f-word, this is worse than Schroyer's horse poop.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
wrxman
Buckaroo

CowboyNV, you're right about this being the worst team. They just set the school record for most losses in a season.

@wyo_mbb loses its sixth straight and sets a school record with its 23rd loss of the season. Cowboys play at San Jose State Wednesday. #GoWyo #wyosports https://t.co/v05eZmYjie
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:05 pm You really only need to look at one stat game after game after game - rebounding. Air Force out rebounded Wyoming 41 - 29. Think about this for a minute, AF starters are 6'7, 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, and 6'2. The starters did most of the damage. How in the f-word does a team with the tallest guy on the court only 6'7 get 12 more boards than a team with a lot of players that are taller (Naughton should have had 20 by himself). This is beyond embarrassing. This is a flaming poop show, with players that literally have no clue what to do and probably shouldn't be on the court. If JJ wasn't here this year, Wyoming would have ZERO wins. This is literally the worst team I have ever seen at Wyoming in over 60 years of watching the Pokes. If Edwards is here another year, you can probably kiss the basketball program goodbye. Sorry for the rant, but f-word, this is worse than Schroyer's horse poop.
I hate to come on here and be so negative, but I had to turn it off after the first half. Every 3 pointer AF shot was uncontested. They got easy shots in the paint as well. Amazing that Edwards coached under Shyatt. The absolute lack of effort and intensity on defense is unwatchable.
RapeljeJack
Buckaroo

The worst part was a mostly empty arena.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Again. Close up to the last minutes. Then total collapse. That's got to be coaching. Or am I wrong?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:05 pm You really only need to look at one stat game after game after game - rebounding. Air Force out rebounded Wyoming 41 - 29. Think about this for a minute, AF starters are 6'7, 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, and 6'2. The starters did most of the damage. How in the f-word does a team with the tallest guy on the court only 6'7 get 12 more boards than a team with a lot of players that are taller (Naughton should have had 20 by himself). This is beyond embarrassing. This is a flaming poop show, with players that literally have no clue what to do and probably shouldn't be on the court. If JJ wasn't here this year, Wyoming would have ZERO wins. This is literally the worst team I have ever seen at Wyoming in over 60 years of watching the Pokes. If Edwards is here another year, you can probably kiss the basketball program goodbye. Sorry for the rant, but f-word, this is worse than Schroyer's horse poop.
Agree about the rebounding. It makes me sick. Three years in a row now
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:35 pm
Agree about the rebounding. It makes me sick. Three years in a row now
I think longer than that, really since Shyatt was hired. That was my biggest complaint on Shyatt, never going for offensive rebounds. All the other teams for 8 or so years now get some amount of 2nd chance points off getting some offensive rebounds, while we seem to never have any 2nd chance points as our coaches have taught our team to not rebound now for almost a decade
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

RapeljeJack wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:08 pm The worst part was a mostly empty arena.
I actually feel bad about this. I understand the product hasn’t been very good, but I do watch and see JJ playing his heart out and others.
I feel bad I checked out on the kids.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Poke-proud wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:01 pm
RapeljeJack wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:08 pm The worst part was a mostly empty arena.
I actually feel bad about this. I understand the product hasn’t been very good, but I do watch and see JJ playing his heart out and others.
I feel bad I checked out on the kids.
It's terrible. Everyone in the building feels like sh*% about it. I think you can see it in the players.

My worry is I don't think they get it's not them. I think the fan base has checked out on Edwards
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Where's Hunter Thompson been, season a bit too long for ya, step er up big fella
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 pm Where's Hunter Thompson been, season a bit too long for ya, step er up big fella
I can tell you where he hasn't been...anywhere inside the paint. How someone so tall can get so few rebounds is astonishing.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 pm Where's Hunter Thompson been, season a bit too long for ya, step er up big fella
Hunter has a long way to go but is and will be a huge part of the team.

I think the biggest reason why it seems like it's getting harder on him is the way the team is playing he gets absolutely nothing easy. When the team doesn't run it's so hard for him to get shots as a trailer. He's spending all his energy and effort doing reverse pivot handoffs while pressured. If they ran atleast to see if they get an easy shot he'd get a lot of wide open step in threes.

He hasn't lost any of the games. But it has been interesting that games have come down to him getting most of his shots at the end and he has been tired and missing them.

Hunter Thompson will win a lot of games when they complete the team w a coach and a rebounder
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:49 am
I can tell you where he hasn't been...anywhere inside the paint. How someone so tall can get so few rebounds is astonishing.
He wasn't a banger in high school neither, i know he'll be fine, just would like to see a bit more is all