Wyoming Wrestling

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Next weekend is the Big 12 Championship. The NCAA has released the conference allocations per weight. Wyoming has a legitimate shot at sending 9 guys this year. 157 would take a miracle run by Loveless or Krueger (no clue what happened to Dewey).

125 - 5
133 - 5
141 - 6
149 - 7 (Jaron has gotten really good at reversals from the bottom after not being able to generate an escape to save his life early in the year. He can make noise. His 17-17 record while has a Top 30 RPI)
157 -1 (Super weak weight class this year in the Big 12)
165 - 6 (Ashworth will be the #1 seed in the Big 12)
174 - 5
184 - 5 (Tate has the #9 RPI in the country at 184)
197 -7 Davidson kind of faded at the end. 3 weeks off to get healthy I am sure is helping him
HWT - 6

Wyoming has a real shot to win 8 titles at the Big 12. Bridges has been hot at the end of the year (This goes through Fix who reminds me of Heil...barf), and Turner is finding another level. Verner was hurt and Pic at Oklahoma State is a monster. Hayden and Tate are wild cards as both are young but can score points. Hayden will probably see Chandler Rogers at 174 from Oklahoma State. Ashworth will see a new guy at 165 from OSU.
Excited to see the brackets come out this week. Svihel (#7 126 in wrestling for a Championship this year, and is undefeated).

Of note not sure Wyoming has a strong 157 on the roster so I hope Branch finds a recruit or transfer to help the team unless Logan Jensen is developing this RS year. Never know how guys develop though and I will root for guys like Loveless and Krueger to get better.