Yo Edwards - try a man defense

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

What have we got to lose? Teams get the ball inside at will and ALSO get wholly uncontested looks from three. I've never seen a worse zone, plus having JJ on the top is wearing him out! put him on some pud on d and conserve his energy.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:07 pm What have we got to lose? Teams get the ball inside at will and ALSO get wholly uncontested looks from three. I've never seen a worse zone, plus having JJ on the top is wearing him out! put him on some pud on d and conserve his energy.
At this point, it doesn't matter. They could all lay down and the result will be the same.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
RapeljeJack
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:07 pm What have we got to lose? Teams get the ball inside at will and ALSO get wholly uncontested looks from three. I've never seen a worse zone, plus having JJ on the top is wearing him out! put him on some pud on d and conserve his energy.
You think it is bad now, it would get down right ugly in a big hurry if he went to man-to-man.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

RapeljeJack wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm
You think it is bad now, it would get down right ugly in a big hurry if he went to man-to-man.
How could it get worse?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:50 pm
RapeljeJack wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm
How could it get worse?
You are right.

That's why not trying a bunch of things is on Edwards. Not playing man defense atleast at times is a good example

Not running when the opportunity is there is another. I get wanting to slow the game down but you can't refuse easy baskets.

A whole bunch more. And everyone that goes has a hard time. I like Edwards and really like most of his staff. I just can't stand watching because I think we have a terribly coached team
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I imagine all of these issues - constantly playing Zone D, no fast breaks, etc. - are a result of having only 7 or 8 players available. I imagine some (maybe not all) of it would be different if they had more than 7 guys. Not excusing it, just probably the reason behind it.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:08 am I imagine all of these issues - constantly playing Zone D, no fast breaks, etc. - are a result of having only 7 or 8 players available. I imagine some (maybe not all) of it would be different if they had more than 7 guys. Not excusing it, just probably the reason behind it.
I don't accept that one either. Unlv game he tried using only 6 guys by not playing young or Porter. When you lose to unlv maybe mostly because your freshman center doesn't make any shots. Ok so Thompson struggled as a freshman vs unlv. No excuse to not use the other freshman who figure to be a huge part of your future
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

If he didn't win the CBI a few years ago he'd be gone after this year, but.....I'd sure like to try Jeremy at the helm
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:18 pm If he didn't win the CBI a few years ago he'd be gone after this year, but.....I'd sure like to try Jeremy at the helm
Baby Shyatt is not the answer. Pokes need to go out and find somebody who can actually coach. He needs to leave along with Edwards.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.