WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We look good. Team looks better recently. Lead at half. MAybe we can steal one
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Really good half! I’ll be happy to eat crow if we can keep this up. Foul trouble with a short bench is concerning.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Are both announcers USU grads? I've heard homers before but these two are about as bad as it gets.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

CowboyNV wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 pm Are both announcers USU grads? I've heard homers before but these two are about as bad as it gets.

It's the Utah state sports network.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

CowboyNV wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 pm Are both announcers USU grads? I've heard homers before but these two are about as bad as it gets.
It’s the Utah state radio feed on the video I believe. Not any more homers than Dave and Kevin.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Holy poop. Edwards just lost his poop when they left the alley oop on the inbound
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:25 pm

It's the Utah state sports network.
They freaking suck. I would be embarrassed if they were our announcers
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:30 pm
It’s the Utah state radio feed on the video I believe. Not any more homers than Dave and Kevin.
You gotta be kidding me, I hear Dave and Kevin give opponents plenty props during games. These guys are crying about everything they might as well be BYU announcers.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I hate that Spectrum Arena, like a glorified living room
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

We are seriously not going to win a game next year without JJ.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I hope we see these douches in the tourney on a neutral court. Payback will be a bitch. And the announcers can’t eat a big fat d..k
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

A 26 to follow up a 36, good numbers JJ, bring on the Wolfpack
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Vt poke wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 pm I hope we see these douches in the tourney on a neutral court. Payback will be a bitch. And the announcers can’t eat a big fat d..k
We only have one player who can consistently make an open shot. We were out rebounded 35-24 last night. Our center played 31 minutes and didn't have a single rebound. I'll bet you any amount of money if we play them in the tournament, they will beat us easily. We haven't won a road game this year and we've one conference game against anyone not named San Jose State. The most disappointing aspect is a lot of guys are getting a lot of minutes and not showing any improvement.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Man I'm going to love hating their bald headed weasel of a coach. That guy annoys me.

Thompson needs to learn rebounding. He has potential to be a great player. His offensive game is there and I have confidence it will grow but he needs to rebound. We need to recruit a grad transfer or Juco big guy to rebound(same as every year and isn't an easy task as everyone is looking for one)

It sucks to lose JJ after this year. Kid is amazing. However, I think Maldo can step into his role just fine(he shouldn't have to carry as much of the scoring if Young and the other guys continue to develop). I really think Maldo can be better than JJ. He isn't as athletically gifted(still athletic) but I think he may be more skilled. Would have really liked to see the two of them out on the court together more than the handful of games we got this year.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

TSpoke wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am Man I'm going to love hating their bald headed weasel of a coach. That guy annoys me.

Thompson needs to learn rebounding. He has potential to be a great player. His offensive game is there and I have confidence it will grow but he needs to rebound. We need to recruit a grad transfer or Juco big guy to rebound(same as every year and isn't an easy task as everyone is looking for one)

It sucks to lose JJ after this year. Kid is amazing. However, I think Maldo can step into his role just fine(he shouldn't have to carry as much of the scoring if Young and the other guys continue to develop). I really think Maldo can be better than JJ. He isn't as athletically gifted(still athletic) but I think he may be more skilled. Would have really liked to see the two of them out on the court together more than the handful of games we got this year.
I like Maldanoada a lot. But he doesn't have JJ's athleticism. He won't require double teams. I like Hendricks, but he's limited. He can't create for himself. Thompson is a good outside shooter but his post game is almost non existant. If he could play in the post, it would open up the court for the other guys. Instead, they all stand around the 3 point circle waiting for JJ to penetrate and shoot/pass. It can work for a while, until JJ gets tired from working his ass off both sides of the court. This team needs a big infusion of talent next year - a true post player, a point guard, and a pure shooter or 2. The effort has been good the last 3 games, but we get out shot and we seem to be allergic to offensive rebounds. Most teams shoot a lower percentage on the road, so how can you win without easy shots in the post or better rebounding? Answer: you don't.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:04 am
TSpoke wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am Man I'm going to love hating their bald headed weasel of a coach. That guy annoys me.

I like Maldanoada a lot. But he doesn't have JJ's athleticism. He won't require double teams. I like Hendricks, but he's limited. He can't create for himself. Thompson is a good outside shooter but his post game is almost non existant. If he could play in the post, it would open up the court for the other guys. Instead, they all stand around the 3 point circle waiting for JJ to penetrate and shoot/pass. It can work for a while, until JJ gets tired from working his ass off both sides of the court. This team needs a big infusion of talent next year - a true post player, a point guard, and a pure shooter or 2. The effort has been good the last 3 games, but we get out shot and we seem to be allergic to offensive rebounds. Most teams shoot a lower percentage on the road, so how can you win without easy shots in the post or better rebounding? Answer: you don't.
Yes. the concerning thing is the offense. No one can create their own shot really, but JJ and our offense doesn't create decent shots.. wait what offense
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think Maldo will be able to create his own shot along with young. There was a time early in the year when I thought that Maldo looked better than JJ out on the court when he was healthy. Never got much chance to see it though. Guess we will find out next year. I expect big things from him. And he will only be a soph I also think Trace can create his own looks. He has potential to be great offensively. At times Thompson has shown some post moves down low but he definitely needs to work on that. He won't be a bruiser down low but he can develop some good moves. He needs the most work on defense down low and rebounding.

I admit I tend to be very optimistic in most things so I believe we have a lot of good young talent but we do need some help. We need a tough post player that will get rebounds and play defense and protect the rim.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:55 am
Vt poke wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 pm I hope we see these douches in the tourney on a neutral court. Payback will be a bitch. And the announcers can’t eat a big fat d..k
We only have one player who can consistently make an open shot. We were out rebounded 35-24 last night. Our center played 31 minutes and didn't have a single rebound. I'll bet you any amount of money if we play them in the tournament, they will beat us easily. We haven't won a road game this year and we've one conference game against anyone not named San Jose State. The most disappointing aspect is a lot of guys are getting a lot of minutes and not showing any improvement.
Makes sense until the end. If you aren't seeing improvement I don't know what to tell you.

They are learning to play hard. (Credit to JJ for showing it)

I've seen improvement in all 4 freshman and banks at the very least
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Sorry I'm late with this. Good game, Pokes. This has been a perfect storm of a season for you guys. It happens. You'll be back on track next year. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!