Hendricks Likely to Return this Season (Perhaps Soon)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... the-latest

Sounds like there was no way he was going to get a medical redshirt. I think his return will help the team win an additional conference game or two. I see the Pokes ending up with 3 conference wins if I had to bet (4 is possible if Hendricks returns with no ill effects from the injury).
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:45 pm https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... the-latest

Sounds like there was no way he was going to get a medical redshirt. I think his return will help the team win an additional conference game or two. I see the Pokes ending up with 3 conference wins if I had to bet (4 is possible if Hendricks returns with no ill effects from the injury).
First - I think UW played fairly well last night. At least for 30 or so minutes. Then again, I am not sure Fresno is as good as their record would indicate. Were they missing somebody? They were small, had decent ball movement, but it took a career night (6 of 7 - 3 pointers from New Williams in the second half) to get the win.

My question is primarily where do you see 2 or 3 more conference wins this season from the remaining schedule? I am guessing at SJSU has the highest probability, but after that...I have no clue. Maybe at home against either the sheep or the flyboys?

Feb 6th at AFA
Feb 9th vs. CSewe
Feb 13th at USU
Feb 16th vs. Nevada
Feb 19th vs. UNLV
Feb 23rd at CSewe
Feb 27th at Fresno
March 2nd vs. AFA
March 6th at SJSU
March 9th vs. NM

At the end of the day, and again, and again, and at the end of the day, it will be interesting to see how Edwards does in 2019-20...this season has been over since December 11th.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:15 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:45 pm https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... the-latest

First - I think UW played fairly well last night. At least for 30 or so minutes. Then again, I am not sure Fresno is as good as their record would indicate. Were they missing somebody? They were small, had decent ball movement, but it took a career night (6 of 7 - 3 pointers from New Williams in the second half) to get the win.

My question is primarily where do you see 2 or 3 more conference wins this season from the remaining schedule? I am guessing at SJSU has the highest probability, but after that...I have no clue. Maybe at home against either the sheep or the flyboys?

Feb 6th at AFA
Feb 9th vs. CSewe
Feb 13th at USU
Feb 16th vs. Nevada
Feb 19th vs. UNLV
Feb 23rd at CSewe
Feb 27th at Fresno
March 2nd vs. AFA
March 6th at SJSU
March 9th vs. NM

At the end of the day, and again, and again, and at the end of the day, it will be interesting to see how Edwards does in 2019-20...this season has been over since December 11th.
This is the worst the MWC has been as a whole since its inception. CSU hasn't won a road game this year. Air Force has won one road game (a double OT win at SJSU). SJSU is bad at home and away. Wyoming is bad but Hendricks improves the team enough to compete with a bad MWC.

I see 2 wins out of the following:
Home against AF
Home against CSU
At SJSU

I see Wyoming potentially stealing one of the following:
Home against UNM
Home against UNLV
At AF
At CSU

3-15 or 4-14 in the MWC likely puts Wyoming in 2nd to last ahead of SJSU.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I like watching Hendricks a lot and his role is badly needed.

Of course I like a lot of this team so I must have something wrong. When I look at next years 5 sophomores and then add a senior backcourt in banks and Hendricks there should be something to work with.

Need a juco big and a guard for next season
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Feb 6th at AFA
Feb 9th vs. CSewe
Feb 13th at USU
Feb 16th vs. Nevada
Feb 19th vs. UNLV
Feb 23rd at CSewe
Feb 27th at Fresno
March 2nd vs. AFA
March 6th at SJSU
March 9th vs. NM

This is the worst the MWC has been as a whole since its inception. CSU hasn't won a road game this year. Air Force has won one road game (a double OT win at SJSU). SJSU is bad at home and away. Wyoming is bad but Hendricks improves the team enough to compete with a bad MWC.

Home against AF
Home against CSU
At SJSU

Home against UNM
Home against UNLV
At AF
At CSU

Not sure what team you've been watching to think we have any decent shot at winning any game remaining on our schedule. Even At SJSU is going to be a struggle. We just dont have the horses.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:19 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Feb 6th at AFA
Feb 9th vs. CSewe
Feb 13th at USU
Feb 16th vs. Nevada
Feb 19th vs. UNLV
Feb 23rd at CSewe
Feb 27th at Fresno
March 2nd vs. AFA
March 6th at SJSU
March 9th vs. NM

Home against AF
Home against CSU
At SJSU

Home against UNM
Home against UNLV
At AF
At CSU

Not sure what team you've been watching to think we have any decent shot at winning any game remaining on our schedule. Even At SJSU is going to be a struggle. We just dont have the horses.
Strange to be called out as a sunshine pumper when I’m predicting 3 total MWC wins (4 possibly).

I’ve seen enough of Wyoming and the rest of the conference to know this is the worst MWC men’s basketball conference since league formation. With Hendricks back, this team will win a couple games against bad teams. Doesn’t change my mind that Edwards should be let go.