TJ Taylor is a good player

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Just let him shoot it every time. Young and JJ need to pull their heads out of their butts.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:09 pm Just let him shoot it every time. Young and JJ need to pull their heads out of their butts.
In the first half, I saw many situations where I was wondering why TJ wasn’t shooting it
W-Y, Until I Die!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I think JJ is as much the problem as anything, he took more shots than anyone and despite of. King the hot hand kept chucking it up, let some other players shoot. Everyone else played fairly well.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

aranderson wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:17 pm I think JJ is as much the problem as anything, he took more shots than anyone and despite of. King the hot hand kept chucking it up, let some other players shoot. Everyone else played fairly well.
Ha... this is funny. JJ can't shoot as much as he wants, he is one of the 5 best players in the conference on a team that has one conference win..
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

gopokes1399 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 pm
aranderson wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:17 pm I think JJ is as much the problem as anything, he took more shots than anyone and despite of. King the hot hand kept chucking it up, let some other players shoot. Everyone else played fairly well.
Ha... this is funny. JJ can't shoot as much as he wants, he is one of the 5 best players in the conference on a team that has one conference win..
Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
Justin James 20 37.9 19.9 8.6 4.1 1.6 0.5 4.0 .376 .744 .250

These stats say otherwise
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Taylor is good. Could become really good. Trace young could become great. Porter has super high ceiling. Now Maldonado is a sophomore with them all and hunter Thompson next year? Taylor as the 4/5th best SO? Good things coming if they keep them all around
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:47 pm Taylor is good. Could become really good. Trace young could become great. Porter has super high ceiling. Now Maldonado is a sophomore with them all and hunter Thompson next year? Taylor as the 4/5th best SO? Good things coming if they keep them all around
Agreed. Porter I am a bit perplexed by. I like the look of him and he has a decent shot but with his length I want to see more from him than standing around shooting 3's that it seems like its all he does(just from my untrained eye/recollection).

I think both the Hunters have potential to be all-time greats if they stay healthy and continue to develop. (HT needs to develop on the boards)
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:47 pm Taylor is good. Could become really good. Trace young could become great. Porter has super high ceiling. Now Maldonado is a sophomore with them all and hunter Thompson next year? Taylor as the 4/5th best SO? Good things coming if they keep them all around
I can see why Young was redshirted now. He's a TO machine
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 am Now Maldonado is a sophomore with them all and hunter Thompson next year? Good things coming if they keep them all around
Even with Edwards still around?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 am Now Maldonado is a sophomore with them all and hunter Thompson next year? Good things coming if they keep them all around
Great with someone else around. I guess that is where I was going w that.

"If" Edwards was run off:

I'd guess Thompson and Maldonado both stay no matter?

Trace young staying at Wyo is the biggest deal that could go wrong w a coaching change

In a perfect world I want a new coach and to keep both hunters, TRace Young, and one or both of BP/TT

I really think Edwards gets to stay and this group gets better fast enough to look like good coaching.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Trace young staying at Wyo is the biggest deal that could go wrong w a coaching change

In a perfect world I want a new coach and to keep both hunters, TRace Young, and one or both of BP/TT

I really think Edwards gets to stay and this group gets better fast enough to look like good coaching.
So much this. Just like the Dalton/Herndon group, they will rebound next season and win in spite of Edwards, not because of him. They'll win 16-20 more empty games and Edwards will be hailed as the best coach to ever coach basketball in Laramie.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:22 am
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 pm

So much this. Just like the Dalton/Herndon group, they will rebound next season and win in spite of Edwards, not because of him. They'll win 16-20 more empty games and Edwards will be hailed as the best coach to ever coach basketball in Laramie.
I really don't see this happening. Until Edwards shows that he can actually develop talent, I'm afraid we will continue to circle the drain to SJSU levels....