Big Match tonight vs Air Force

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Get out and support if you can. Andrew Gomez is an or at 141 if the match is sealed he will get a chance. Dewey listed at starter at 157 no or this week with Loveless.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

The match was delayed for over an hour since Air Force was late due to weather. The match would start at 157.

157 - Dewey would get the nod and quickly give up a takedown, but would work an escape. In the second he would get a take down and lead 4-2 into the 3rd. Air Force would chose neutral and Dewey would hold off and win 4-2. Wyoming 3 AF 0

165 - Ashworth, well he was Ashworth and looks like a man on a mission this year. He would score the tech fall. Wyoming 8 AF 0

174 Hastings would give up an early takedown, and I though it would be the struggle for Hastings, but he came back and would score the 14-5 MD. Branch was really upset with him at the end so not sure what that was about. Wyoming 12 AF 0.

184 Samuelson had some really nice overhook positions this match but couldn't finish them. He would still score the 4-0 victory. Wyoming 15 AF 0

197. Cale would come out and look like the Cale that is starting to really become a dominant wrestler. He would score a tech fall. Wyoming 20 AF 0

HWT Andrews is so fun to watch. He just hangs back and strikes so quickly. he would come out on top and win 6-1. Great signing by Wyoming and can be really dangerous. Wyoming 23 AF 0

125. Verner lost big to Flores at the Cowboy Open so this was a redemption match. Flores would score on neutral danger that Branch challenged. It was upheld and Branch was really pissed, I thought for sure he would lose a team point. Verner would get some back points starting on top in the 2nd to tie it at 2-2. Verner would do his surprise move and score a takedown with back points int he final seconds to secure the victory. It was a great scramble for Verner against a good scrambler in Flores. Wyoming 26 AF 0

133 Bridges would dominate this match and had some chances for back points but couldn't quite capitalize. He would still come away with the 14-5 MD. He is starting to look really strong of late. With Parker and Gross out at 133 this could be an open weight class. Wyoming 30 AF 0

141 Gomez would get the nod over Turner with the match in hand. He would have some chances to score from short offense but couldn't score a 2nd period escape and would fall 4-1. Wyoming 30 AF 3

149 Jensen has really come on of late and it is fun to watch. Ethan Kyle has done a great job coaching him up and he looks confident from the bottom position. He scored some take downs and starting to be a good scrambler. He would win big 9-2 after a close beginning. Wyoming wins 33-3

Wyoming would probably sweep this dual had Turner wrestled, but it was great to see Branch let other guys wrestle. Not sure why Branch was mad at Hastings, but Branch was really mad after 125 match. He would have probably liked to see more bonus point victories. I hope everyone can get out and support them next Sunday in Laramie.

In other news Fresno State Upset UVU. Their 197 and HWT are really good defeating the Orndorff brothers tonight. Wyoming is really going to need to bring their A game on that road trip.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

nice write-up! i was there and we beat the crap out of them.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 pm nice write-up! i was there and we beat the crap out of them.
You figure out why Branch almost blew a blood vessel yelling at Hayden? He was super mad at him
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vapoke wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 pm nice write-up! i was there and we beat the crap out of them.
You figure out why Branch almost blew a blood vessel yelling at Hayden? He was super mad at him
Seemed to me Hastings was not being aggressive