I once thought maybe

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bullpoke
Buckaroo

Edwards was a great recruiter... I’m sitting here watching Rebs and NM and it’s clear to me that maybe it’s not just coaching... our players really are not anywhere near the level we need to be. Now don’t get me wrong I think hunter.. could be good as well as some of our other players but they will have to be developed and there is NO way Edwards will be able to do it he is just clueless.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cuz we all know its hard to recruit to Laramie(rollin my eyes)
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We've got the players to go at least.500 this year. Our coaches blow
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:10 pm Cuz we all know its hard to recruit to Laramie(rollin my eyes)
Frustrating that all these facility upgrades are done and no appreciable gains in recruiting. Basketball or Football.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Cornpoke wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:39 pm
stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:10 pm Cuz we all know its hard to recruit to Laramie(rollin my eyes)
Frustrating that all these facility upgrades are done and no appreciable gains in recruiting. Basketball or Football.
The HAPC wasn’t even finished when a single player that has played for Wyoming committed in either basketball or football. No way to make any conclusions for 3-4 years.

The issue with recruiting in basketball going forward is going to be the state of the program. A team that wins less than 10 games is going to be difficult to recruit to.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Vast majority of the HAPC upgrades don't affect basketball, more for football.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 pm
I wasn't just referring to the HAPC. I'm also speaking of the AA renovation and the upgrades to the Basketball locker room and facilities. Results from the HAPC remain to be seen but the facility upgrades for Basketball have been in place for a couple years.
I'm good for 3!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Cornpoke wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am
I wasn't just referring to the HAPC. I'm also speaking of the AA renovation and the upgrades to the Basketball locker room and facilities. Results from the HAPC remain to be seen but the facility upgrades for Basketball have been in place for a couple years.
Meh...relative program prestige is a way bigger factor in recruiting than facilities. Not saying that poor facilities would not hurt recruiting, but I am saying that there is diminishing returns to increasing the luxury level of facilities. You need to keep up with the Jones's to some extent but if the program sux...say goodbye to high quality recruits....regardless of facilities.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Fair enough. From what I've seen and heard, the majority of the upgrades to the AA are for the fan experience, not as much in way of luring recruits. But I couldn't be sure unless I saw the before and after.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am
Fair enough. From what I've seen and heard, the majority of the upgrades to the AA are for the fan experience, not as much in way of luring recruits. But I couldn't be sure unless I saw the before and after.
And what a fan experience it is (for the 200 people in the seats)
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

And those beloved ticket nazis