Cowboy Shootout

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Wyoming goes 3-0 tonight. Highlights:

Turner beats #13 Healdee to win his match and the dual for Wyoming.
Loveless replaces Dewey at 157. Not sure what is going on with Dewey, but interested to see what happens.
Branch decides to burn Samuelson's redshirt at 184. He would go 2-0 on the day with an upset. I told everyone to watch this kid after finishing 3rd at Reno.

Branch said he is trying to stay patient, but it is clear he won't sacrifice what his team has this year and is moving some guys around.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Andrews beat the no. 13 North Carolina guy, too. Andrews is good.

With Samuelson we are going to be an even more nasty dual team. We are weak at 49 and 57, but that’s it. We’ve got a good team!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Samuelson really showed out tonight. The team seemed a little sluggish in the NC dual and still came out on top. The ceiling is very high for this squad as displayed these past few weeks. Branch is one heck of a coach. It's so refreshing to see such a dominate Wyoming sport. I know a lot of fans who don't care about Wrestling but he's built it into a national force to be reckoned with and I think the best days are still ahead. Proud of this bunch!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I hope Dewey can figure it out. Jensen looked better lately. Loveless is the go between since Greenwood and Zollman are quite there yet.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Davidson had the win locked up against #4 Haywood. He lost at the end, and it goes back to watch Branch has been saying about finishing matches.

How about these incoming recruits next year.
Garcia #17 at 113
Svihel #12 at 126
Buchanan #17 at 195
Baker #10 at HWT
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vapoke wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 am Davidson had the win locked up against #4 Haywood. He lost at the end, and it goes back to watch Branch has been saying about finishing matches.

Garcia #17 at 113
Svihel #12 at 126
Buchanan #17 at 195
Baker #10 at HWT
That is some quality recruiting.

Of note - UNC, as in no Colorado pulled in some studs. A couple kids from Colorado that are very highly ranked. One kid from Greeley looks to be a stud. Lots of good wrestling in the Greeley high schools traditionally
Vapoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:04 pm
Vapoke wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 am Davidson had the win locked up against #4 Haywood. He lost at the end, and it goes back to watch Branch has been saying about finishing matches.

Garcia #17 at 113
Svihel #12 at 126
Buchanan #17 at 195
Baker #10 at HWT
That is some quality recruiting.

Of note - UNC, as in no Colorado pulled in some studs. A couple kids from Colorado that are very highly ranked. One kid from Greeley looks to be a stud. Lots of good wrestling in the Greeley high schools traditionally
I thought McConnell wrestled well yesterday and really glad to see Branch wrestling a bunch of guys. Everyone in the conference seems to have better recruiting classes, but Branch and Co. sure know how to develop talent. I heard Verner went JUCO because of grades, what could have been for him at 125 for four years. This team is deep and young.