UW at ETSU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyoair wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:46 pm Ok boys here are your half time stats. 11-43 ETSU. Our leading scorer is Hendricks with 3. Cowboys are 1-26 from the field which is a whopping 3.8% and are 1-11 from 3 at 9.1%. So knowing this team like we all do we can expect more 3's so we may hit 1-2 more at this rate.
That was the worst 20 minutes of Wyoming Basketball I have ever witnessed. Nothing can unring that bell. It's very obvious that Edwards is just collecting the check...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I though we might do it when the lead was cut to 11 with like 7 to go but then JJ threw up a turd and they busted a 3 on us.
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:21 am
wyoair wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:46 pm Ok boys here are your half time stats. 11-43 ETSU. Our leading scorer is Hendricks with 3. Cowboys are 1-26 from the field which is a whopping 3.8% and are 1-11 from 3 at 9.1%. So knowing this team like we all do we can expect more 3's so we may hit 1-2 more at this rate.
That was the worst 20 minutes of Wyoming Basketball I have ever witnessed. Nothing can unring that bell. It's very obvious that Edwards is just collecting the check...
I don’t think this program can take another coach collecting a paycheck. There’s so little interest now that another Schroyer may cripple us for the foreseeable future.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

wyoair wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:03 pm
I don’t think this program can take another coach collecting a paycheck. There’s so little interest now that another Schroyer may cripple us for the foreseeable future.
May? I got news for you... We are crippled for the foreseeable future right now.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

307bball wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:33 pm
May? I got news for you... We are crippled for the foreseeable future right now.
Then let’s not prolonged the misery....
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

wyoair wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:02 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:33 pm
Then let’s not prolonged the misery....
I second that.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I get but what you guys are getting at, but IF (not a certainty) Edwards is let go, it absolutely would not be done until February at the earliest. Most likely not until the season is over.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 pm I get but what you guys are getting at, but IF (not a certainty) Edwards is let go, it absolutely would not be done until February at the earliest. Most likely not until the season is over.
Edwards isn't getting fired this season. Even if he's not the guy for the job, it's a fantasy.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:57 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 pm I get but what you guys are getting at, but IF (not a certainty) Edwards is let go, it absolutely would not be done until February at the earliest. Most likely not until the season is over.
Edwards isn't getting fired this season. Even if he's not the guy for the job, it's a fantasy.
If he wins less than ten games, and suffers multiple blowout losses, he'll be gone come April. In his third year, the team has regressed. In fact, the team regressed last season as well. That pretty much seals any third year coach's fate. You have got to show some development
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He will be fired if he only gets ten wins. This program can’t afford another Schroyer. Bigger point is if Burman should be allowed to make another major hire?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:32 pm He will be fired if he only gets ten wins. This program can’t afford another Schroyer. Bigger point is if Burman should be allowed to make another major hire?
I'm guessing he will be allowed to. After watching this team a few times: Is there any way we get to 10 wins? I don't see it. Who do we hire? Edwards is not being paid much. Is the school going to open the checkbook or try and go cheap again? It kills me to see Wyoming basketball in this condition. I was in school in early Brandenburg years 82-86 and I know how exciting a great BB program can be. McClain and Shyatt gave us a bit of it. If Pitino hadn't left the country, he'd be my choice. We need another Jim Brandenburg or a Don Haskins - someone like that. Simple Huh?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

McClain had it going for a bit, Shyatt had the conference tourney but never caught the magic. Hire another Juco coach like McClain. If u kick ass the atmosphere will come.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Losing to ETSU and a miserably poor UTEP team should get anyone fired on the spot
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Will the players give up as the fans have?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:38 am Will the players give up as the fans have?
Eventually, yes. Once it's apparent he's lost the team, he will be let go at the end of the season.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Fire him early and have the job open as long as possible.

I'd really like to hire the Santa Barbara coach
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:54 pm Fire him early and have the job open as long as possible.

Fire a coach in December without some kind of probable cause (especially after two 20+ win seasons) and no respectable coach will give UW the time of day unless they through a TON of money at them. Pasternak would laugh in our faces. And before anyone says it, yes I know, the 20-win seasons look better than they really were, but that won't matter to anyone worth a poop.

Wait 2 or 3 months and it's a totally different story. You might not like it, but that's how college athletics works.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:10 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:54 pm Fire him early and have the job open as long as possible.

Fire a coach in December without some kind of probable cause (especially after two 20+ win seasons) and no respectable coach will give UW the time of day unless they through a TON of money at them. Pasternak would laugh in our faces. And before anyone says it, yes I know, the 20-win seasons look better than they really were, but that won't matter to anyone worth a poop.

Wait 2 or 3 months and it's a totally different story. You might not like it, but that's how college athletics works.
He would laugh at 2x the salary?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:36 am

Honestly, yes. I would bet it would have to be closer to 800K-1M to get him or any respectable coach to ignore our unorthodox hiring and firing. Now throw 500K at him in March and we have a better chance.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:23 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:36 am

Honestly, yes. I would bet it would have to be closer to 800K-1M to get him or any respectable coach to ignore our unorthodox hiring and firing. Now throw 500K at him in March and we have a better chance.
Not only will we be ignored for our track record, but any half-decent coach can look at the guys they would inherit and see a team that isn't built to win. A team full of skinny 6'7" wings fits Edwards' "system" only, and we've seen that the ceiling for that type of basketball is phony 20-win seasons and CBI titles.