Mwc expansion

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I'm interested in which schools the mwc should be pursuing the hardest. It's a given I think that the conference needs to improve itself.

Gonzaga
Wichita st
BYU and Houston

Those 4 alone would strengthen the conference greatly. But I think in addition to that 4 that the conference should add

Denver
Long Beach st
Pepperdine
San Fransisco

I think there are a lot of different possibilities of directions to head for the conference. But those schools would all be positives
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

New Jersey Institure of Technology, Florida Gulf Coast, Kansas, Golden State Warriors

No brainer. Add them now. :roll:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 am New Jersey Institure of Technology, Florida Gulf Coast, Kansas, Golden State Warriors

No brainer. Add them now. :roll:
Sadly I agree with your sarcasm.

Wichita State just moved to the AAC a year ago so they're out.

Gonzaga used the MW to get a better deal with their own conference so they're out.

NOBODY likes BYU :tickedoff:

And Houston would never join the MW. They turned down an invite to the WAC when the WAC expanded to 16 schools. Thus why Tulsa was invited.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Please make it stop.

The topic of expansion should only be allowed (Football or Basketball) during the off-season, May - July.

:tickedoff:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 am Please make it stop.

The topic of expansion should only be allowed (Football or Basketball) during the off-season, May - July.

:tickedoff:
I 💯% agree!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'd love to see the Zags and Shockers join the MWC, but we'd never win anything in bball EVER
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

How about a revised mountain west! Wyoming, CSU, CU, Air Force, Utah, Utah State, BYU and Boise for football and add Denver, UNC, and Weber State for basketball. This would keep our travel costs down, be competitive on both basketball and football and bring a lot of old rivalries back. Maybe add New Mexico and NM state as well. CU, BYU and Utah would never tuck their tails, but this would be a pretty darn good conference geographically and team wise
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:16 pm How about a revised mountain west! Wyoming, CSU, CU, Air Force, Utah, Utah State, BYU and Boise for football and add Denver, UNC, and Weber State for basketball. This would keep our travel costs down, be competitive on both basketball and football and bring a lot of old rivalries back. Maybe add New Mexico and NM state as well. CU, BYU and Utah would never tuck their tails, but this would be a pretty darn good conference geographically and team wise
I think that lowers the conference nationally. Yeah it would be great to drive to more games I guess

The reason I like adding teams from LA, San Fransisco, and Houston are to raise the exposure level
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

It's sad that you think the mwc better not compete against the aac or wcc
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

It's sad you think you need to post these monthly
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 am
Vt poke wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:16 pm How about a revised mountain west! Wyoming, CSU, CU, Air Force, Utah, Utah State, BYU and Boise for football and add Denver, UNC, and Weber State for basketball. This would keep our travel costs down, be competitive on both basketball and football and bring a lot of old rivalries back. Maybe add New Mexico and NM state as well. CU, BYU and Utah would never tuck their tails, but this would be a pretty darn good conference geographically and team wise
I think that lowers the conference nationally. Yeah it would be great to drive to more games I guess

The reason I like adding teams from LA, San Fransisco, and Houston are to raise the exposure level
I definitely agree with the exposure part and think it’s great for recruiting. What recruit doesn’t want an opportunity to play close to home? We’ve done the big conference before, and we know how that went. Given an opportunity, the Texas schools jumped ship as well as BYU and Utah. I think an alignment with the AAC and Comference USA and maybe the Sunbeltwhere we play at least 1/2 of our OOC games against them would be great. Our conference unfortunately will never be a P5, there is way too much money stacked against us
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:30 am It's sad you think you need to post these monthly
Maybe
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:59 am
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 am

I definitely agree with the exposure part and think it’s great for recruiting. What recruit doesn’t want an opportunity to play close to home? We’ve done the big conference before, and we know how that went. Given an opportunity, the Texas schools jumped ship as well as BYU and Utah. I think an alignment with the AAC and Comference USA and maybe the Sunbeltwhere we play at least 1/2 of our OOC games against them would be great. Our conference unfortunately will never be a P5, there is way too much money stacked against us
An alliance with the aac with a playoff imo would seperate the 2 conferences from the group of 5 level.

Even without an alliance with aac the mwc needs to be the first conference to have a playoff for football.

For basketball and Olympic sports expanding the conference would be huge. The raise in profile would eventually help the football teams

My big wonder is if you don't act first what happens? When Texas breaks up the big 12 what happens? Maybe the mwc falls apart if it isn't strengthened first
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Addition by subtraction? (SJSU)