Denver

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I think we come out and play our best game yet tonight. More of what we saw in the second half vs SC. I think due to injuries and suspensions, this team is developing into our best possible team we can put out there. Hendricks will be the X factor all year. If he can drain his looks, we will win a bunch. JJ is going draw a lot of attention, creating open shots for others
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Think it's a coincidence that the first time this season that we started the lineup that most everyone wanted to see at the start of the year, that the Pokes actually come out on fire? Or maybe it's just cause it's Denver...
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Need to play man d
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

First 6 or 7 minutes looked good and then the effort seemed to disappear, particularly at the defensive end. Getting destroyed on the glass, Denver has as many offensive rebounds as we have total rebounds.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

FarmerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:47 pm First 6 or 7 minutes looked good and then the effort seemed to disappear, particularly at the defensive end. Getting destroyed on the glass, Denver has as many offensive rebounds as we have total rebounds.
21 to 8 on rebounds. Not gonna win if that keeps up.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Second undercut buy that son-of-a-bitch Denver player. Should be an intentional foul.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Maldo's back again?
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Looked to be in a ton of pain, had to be taken off the court in a wheelchair.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Lucky to have Hendricks stroking it today.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Has Edward's ever heard of trying to go two-for one? Clock management sucks.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

'PokeForLife wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:51 pm Has Edward's ever heard of trying to go two-for one? Clock management sucks.
39.5 left and doesn’t try and get a quick bucket?! Wtf?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Made some huge defensive stops there.
JJ is SO good at the end of games. He takes over every single time.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Disappointing.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Balanced scoring and still can't get er done, it's truly gonna be a looooong conference season, little D huh
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Just destroyed on the glass. Thompson played well most of the game but also had 3 plays that were extremely costly down the stretch of overtime. Forced up a tough shot inside against 2 defenders with plenty of time on the shot clock when the game was tied, then didn't box out when Denver took the lead with 21 seconds left and the guy he should have boxed out tipped in a miss to give DU the lead. Then missed a corner 3 that cost the Pokes the game. Pokes severely undermanned now with Maldonado going down and the Redding suspension, our biggest player on the floor got 1 rebound. I know he's a freshman and will improve a lot, but need to see a lot more in the rebounding department from Thompson going forward.

Outrebounded by 19.... difference in the game. Out shot Denver, attempted more FTs, had 8 fewer turnovers, but 13 offensive rebounds for DU equaled more opportunities=loss. Also credit to Denver for going 15-15 at the foul line.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

FarmerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm Just destroyed on the glass. Thompson played well most of the game but also had 3 plays that were extremely costly down the stretch of overtime. Forced up a tough shot inside against 2 defenders with plenty of time on the shot clock when the game was tied, then didn't box out when Denver took the lead with 21 seconds left and the guy he should have boxed out tipped in a miss to give DU the lead. Then missed a corner 3 that cost the Pokes the game. Pokes severely undermanned now with Maldonado going down and the Redding suspension, our biggest player on the floor got 1 rebound. I know he's a freshman and will improve a lot, but need to see a lot more in the rebounding department from Thompson going forward.

Outrebounded by 19.... difference in the game. Out shot Denver, attempted more FTs, had 8 fewer turnovers, but 13 offensive rebounds for DU equaled more opportunities=loss. Also credit to Denver for going 15-15 at the foul line.
You summed it up perfectly. I hope Hunter is ok, he looked in a ton of pain. It might be time to consider blowing Trace Young's red shirt.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Thompson played some of the worst d I’ve ever seen. Period. Eaten alive all game. And probably the worst rebounder for a guy his size I’ve ever seen. Thank goodness he has a pulse on offense... sheesh
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

How does someone seven feet tall only grab one rebound in a game? You almost have to try to be that bad. That seems impossible. And how does a basketball team have more injuries than the football team?
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Its hard to win the game when you play most of the second half with 4 players that they have trusted with important minutes. AJ, Porter and Johnson better start finguring stuff out so they can provide some meaningful minutes. I feel like AJ is almost there. He has flashes just needs to be consistant and more under control. Liked his on ball defense.

Thompson on defense could take a charge but that is about it. Really like his offensive game but needs to figure it out on the defensive end. We needed better effort on the boards last night(understatement)

I'm torn on burning redshirts. We may need the bodies but it sounds like people that have seen them, that Young isn't ready to play and if Maldo can get his back figured out and Ny can come back then he probably won't play much during conference(not to mention if Naughton can get healthy) but if those 3 don't get things worked out we will need some bodies.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

TSpoke wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 am Its hard to win the game when you play most of the second half with 4 players that they have trusted with important minutes. AJ, Porter and Johnson better start finguring stuff out so they can provide some meaningful minutes. I feel like AJ is almost there. He has flashes just needs to be consistant and more under control. Liked his on ball defense.

Thompson on defense could take a charge but that is about it. Really like his offensive game but needs to figure it out on the defensive end. We needed better effort on the boards last night(understatement)

I'm torn on burning redshirts. We may need the bodies but it sounds like people that have seen them, that Young isn't ready to play and if Maldo can get his back figured out and Ny can come back then he probably won't play much during conference(not to mention if Naughton can get healthy) but if those 3 don't get things worked out we will need some bodies.
All 3 you mentioned (Banks, Porter, and Johnson) are so far from being D1 ready, if they have to play any kind of role or substantial minutes (which they will) - we are screwed.

Moving on to 2019 - 2020...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...