Lwal Dung.....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Vapoke
Cowpoke

I think this was going to happen unless he was a starter. I would like to see Edwards bring in another big to help thompson get some rest.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well our team somehow got shorter! great
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

His player rotations f-word suck.

Who the hell would want to play here, honestly? You get 38 seconds of garbage time if you are not one of his selected few. Rediculous.

We all know it, but there are 2 starters that shouldn't be starting. Period.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

It's like he plays the upper classmen the most regardless of how good they are. It's very strange.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:37 pm It's like he plays the upper classmen the most regardless of how good they are. It's very strange.
Lack of playing time is the single biggest reason guys transfer out. Why drive away your young future core to play older guys that aren't getting it done. Makes no sense.
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

Lwal is an upper class men as a Jr. Juco Transfer. He was athletic but never really showed what it takes while on the floor to justify time. I assume this is the same in practice. It sucks none the less but i am not convinced the team is falling apart because a Juco left.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

tbcpoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am Lwal is an upper class men as a Jr. Juco Transfer. He was athletic but never really showed what it takes while on the floor to justify time. I assume this is the same in practice. It sucks none the less but i am not convinced the team is falling apart because a Juco left.
I agree with you, which concerns me. I was under the impression he was a raw freshman. Being a junior, the likelihood of him getting better was diminished and this begins to feel more like he was a warm body to slot into the roster and he never really was going to play. OR, Edwards and staff continue to struggle to properly gauge talent for this system. Either way, it appears to be a bungled situation leaving us even thinner in the paint.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:05 am
tbcpoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am Lwal is an upper class men as a Jr. Juco Transfer. He was athletic but never really showed what it takes while on the floor to justify time. I assume this is the same in practice. It sucks none the less but i am not convinced the team is falling apart because a Juco left.
I agree with you, which concerns me. I was under the impression he was a raw freshman. Being a junior, the likelihood of him getting better was diminished and this begins to feel more like he was a warm body to slot into the roster and he never really was going to play. OR, Edwards and staff continue to struggle to properly gauge talent for this system. Either way, it appears to be a bungled situation leaving us even thinner in the paint.
I am more worried about guys like Porter, Taylor, and Johnson transferring out because of whacky rotations. Not to mention potentially losing our red shirts Belt and Young because they see the mess and can transfer out without sitting a year.

Hopefully this is isolated and not a sign of more to come.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 am
I am more worried about guys like Porter, Taylor, and Johnson transferring out because of whacky rotations. Not to mention potentially losing our red shirts Belt and Young because they see the mess and can transfer out without sitting a year.

Curious about the bolded part. Why could they transfer without sitting a year?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

tbcpoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am He was athletic but never really showed what it takes while on the floor to justify time.
I guess they thought he was a poop player.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

TSpoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 am

Because they red shirted. Same thing happened with Anthony Mac. He has been playing for Miami this year.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Because they red shirted. Same thing happened with Anthony Mac. He has been playing for Miami this year.
Anthony Mack had to apply for a waiver and it was granted. You aren't allowed to just transfer and play automatically if you redshirt. I guess Mack's waiver had to do with his concussions being a reason for transferring but not sure but he had to apply for a waiver.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

TSpoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Anthony Mack had to apply for a waiver and it was granted. You aren't allowed to just transfer and play automatically if you redshirt. I guess Mack's waiver had to do with his concussions being a reason for transferring but not sure but he had to apply for a waiver.
I didnt realize that, I thought they changed the rule allowing players to transfer without sitting a year if they red shirted the prior year.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:31 pm
TSpoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

I didnt realize that, I thought they changed the rule allowing players to transfer without sitting a year if they red shirted the prior year.
Maybe they did but I hadn't heard of it and the articles I saw about Mack transferring and playing for Miami said he got a waiver. I am by no means an expert.