I have said it for 2 years... Fire Edwards

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bullpoke
Buckaroo

When I first said it man I got hammered.. still might today.. but eventually everyone will see what I have for a while.. he needs gone now. There are just to many things to even bring up.. however JJ wow.. no one can stop that dude.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

He is simply out coached. Having watched the UCSB game live you can see he is just out coached. There is no emphasis on D at all and his rotation of players is awful.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I have agreed with you Bullpoke.

Edwards problem is he for whatever reason isn't good at coaching fundamentals or they don't show up in games and he is horrible at X's & O's and in game adjustments. The differences between him and our last coach Shyatt are just Night and Day. No comparison.

Some may not have liked Shyatt ball but at least most games Shyatt could game plan and have his team in most games. They played hard defense and Shyatt was good at making adjustments and X's and O's. You could also tell they had some sort of system and plan on what to do. Shyatt wasn't perfect by any means but at least it seems there was a plan. Edwards isn't even in the same realm.

I could live with some losses if the team looked like there was some type of system and Edwards showed he could do the X & O thing but it seems there is no system or method to the madness and it is just helter skelton every man for themselves.

Edwards needs to go.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bullpoke
Buckaroo

That’s what is so frustrating.. is watching how clueless he is in so many things. I just don’t know what it would take for him to be let go this year? Would we really have to watch another year of this?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Will we more than 4 conference games this year!?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

If something isn't done soon, this will be Schroyer Part 2. The Cowboys are really close to losing what little fan base is left if things don't change. I predicted this team would be lucky to win 10 games this year, and after last night, I'm not sure they win 6. I don't like coaching changes mid-year, but I think it is time to pull the trigger and get somebody else in (maybe Legerski can do double duty :cry: ).
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The offense reminds me of the “And 1” ball. All that’s missing is a guy running around on the court yelling “oh baby” into a microphone.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Tom Burman (paraphrasing): "If we didn't hire him, someone else would have."
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 am If something isn't done soon, this will be Schroyer Part 2. The Cowboys are really close to losing what little fan base is left if things don't change. I predicted this team would be lucky to win 10 games this year, and after last night, I'm not sure they win 6. I don't like coaching changes mid-year, but I think it is time to pull the trigger and get somebody else in (maybe Legerski can do double duty :cry: ).
That's what really disgusts me now. Back when Stevie Mac had the Pokes rolling, the AA had 14-, 15-, 16 thousand fans in it for conference games. I remember reading a WYO-CSU post-game article from a sheep reporter with a first sentence stating: "In an atmosphere so supercharged, it was nearly frightening...."

It's embarrassing what you see in the lower bowl nowadays.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

POKE FAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:09 am Tom Burman (paraphrasing): "If we didn't hire him, someone else would have."
Thing is, Burman was a decent basketball player in high school. He knows the game. If he defends Edwards' coaching performance, it feels really disingenuous.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

POKE FAN wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:21 am
CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 am If something isn't done soon, this will be Schroyer Part 2. The Cowboys are really close to losing what little fan base is left if things don't change. I predicted this team would be lucky to win 10 games this year, and after last night, I'm not sure they win 6. I don't like coaching changes mid-year, but I think it is time to pull the trigger and get somebody else in (maybe Legerski can do double duty :cry: ).
That's what really disgusts me now. Back when Stevie Mac had the Pokes rolling, the AA had 14-, 15-, 16 thousand fans in it for conference games. I remember reading a WYO-CSU post-game article from a sheep reporter with a first sentence stating: "In an atmosphere so supercharged, it was nearly frightening...."

If I'm President Nicholls, I order an "attendance review" of the AA. This would include an examination of the impact of the renovations, how the re-seating of season ticket holders was handled, and team record/ performance. These are all criteria for which Burman can be held accountable.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 pm

If I'm President Nicholls, I order an "attendance review" of the AA. This would include an examination of the impact of the renovations, how the re-seating of season ticket holders was handled, and team record/ performance. These are all criteria for which Burman can be held accountable.
It is time to cut bait. Burman has had some real poor moves over his career, but what has gone on with the basketball side of things has been a joke (including Shyatt....other than the miracle in Vegas, his performance was subpar as well). I fear that Wyoming will never return to prominence until/unless Burman is removed from the equation.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

We are stuck with him thanks to shallow, phony 20-win seasons.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Is Edwards the basketball version of Vigen?
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:33 pm We are stuck with him thanks to shallow, phony 20-win seasons.
If this team gets to 15 wins I'll eat my hat.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

307bball wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:33 pm We are stuck with him thanks to shallow, phony 20-win seasons.
Sad thing is this team has the talent to win every game they play in. The coaching has the ability to lose them every game.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Vapoke wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am The coaching has the ability to lose them every game.
Well, at least they are doing a good job at that. Screwed up twice though.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:25 pm

It is time to cut bait. Burman has had some real poor moves over his career, but what has gone on with the basketball side of things has been a joke (including Shyatt....other than the miracle in Vegas, his performance was subpar as well). I fear that Wyoming will never return to prominence until/unless Burman is removed from the equation.
Why is the sentiment that Shyatt was no good so prevalent? Do people have a problem with hard-nosed defensive teams? I understand if you want a more up-tempo style but give respect to a guy as an excellent teacher of the game of basketball. Also, calling the tournament win in '14-15 a fluke is just ignorant....before mono swept through that squad, Wyoming was top three in the conference and angling for a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament. When Larry had those dudes clicking...you just couldn't score on them. Now, I'm biased towards that style of basketball but I still appreciated the success that McClain had while he was here using a more up-tempo, helter-skelter style (even though he didn't maintain it). If you think Shyatt was a bad coach your just wrong.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

307bball wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am
I was referring to the past two years. This year the coaching on this team will not be masked by a phony good record. But the optics of dumping Edwards after one bad season and two "successful" ones make it unlikely to happen.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Why is the sentiment that Shyatt was no good so prevalent? Do people have a problem with hard-nosed defensive teams? I understand if you want a more up-tempo style but give respect to a guy as an excellent teacher of the game of basketball. Also, calling the tournament win in '14-15 a fluke is just ignorant....before mono swept through that squad, Wyoming was top three in the conference and angling for a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament. When Larry had those dudes clicking...you just couldn't score on them. Now, I'm biased towards that style of basketball but I still appreciated the success that McClain had while he was here using a more up-tempo, helter-skelter style (even though he didn't maintain it). If you think Shyatt was a bad coach your just wrong.
Because he wasn't good. He never finished higher than 4th in the MWC. His saving grace was that streak through the MWC tourney where his team vastly over-performed. The sentiment that Shyatt was some guru is equally as laughable. He was a very good defensive coach and a good motivator. His teams were always going to be solid defensively but its hard to win games if you cant score.

Shyatt was a better option than Edwards but thats not saying much. Edwards is not a D1 level coach at this time. He is underwhelming and appears to be in over his head. I don't see it happening because of his fluffy 20 win seasons but he needs to go. At this point, clean house and let someone with head coaching experience use the talent on this team.