Mueller hate/blame is ignorant

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Mueller is getting a lot of unfair blame and incorrect evaluation of poor play.

Mueller is one of the few guys exceeding their ability right now. I really like the thought of this guy for 3 years. Esp because of 3 years of Maldonado.

Mueller is a very good role player. It's amazing to see him even hold the fort down while being asked to preform an unfair role.

I think the big negative of mueller that he has to make a big improvement on to reach his potential is as a 3 point shooter. This has to be an area for him to be a positive
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I don't really feel like there's too much hate on Mueller necessarily.... it's more hate on Edwards for the way he utilizes or doesn't utilize his roster... I really like most everything Mueller does, and I agree it's not his fault he's thrust into a role that isn't really fair to him.

Pokes currently have shooting % numbers from the arc that are pretty much woeful. Obviously small sample size thus far, but the Pokes two best three point shooters based on percentage are TJ Taylor and Brandon Porter. Hendricks is shooting at a decent clip but not lights out.... then it starts to get ugly. JJ at 26.7%, Maldonado at 22.2% and those 2 attempt the most 3's on the team outside of Hendricks. Mueller and Redding, 2 starting, high minute players... are a combined 1-14 from the arc... a blazing 7.1% clip.

The biggest reason for people's frustration, is that this coaching staff plays players high minutes that are incapable of putting the ball in the basket, while players ride the bench who in limited sample size, have shown a much better knack for putting the ball in the basket. I don't care how gritty, hard nosed, and tough you are, if you can't outscore the other team, you will win very few basketball games.

Again, I appreciate everything Mueller brings to the table, and in the right role, he's a player that will help you win ball games. Same with Redding. Right now, neither player is being used in roles that are resulting in the Pokes winning basketball games. The blame for that lies on nobody's shoulders but Edwards, and the Pokes having a roster that has 2 "bigs" on the entire roster is also squarely on Edwards shoulders.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm I don't really feel like there's too much hate on Mueller necessarily.... it's more hate on Edwards for the way he utilizes or doesn't utilize his roster... I really like most everything Mueller does, and I agree it's not his fault he's thrust into a role that isn't really fair to him.

Pokes currently have shooting % numbers from the arc that are pretty much woeful. Obviously small sample size thus far, but the Pokes two best three point shooters based on percentage are TJ Taylor and Brandon Porter. Hendricks is shooting at a decent clip but not lights out.... then it starts to get ugly. JJ at 26.7%, Maldonado at 22.2% and those 2 attempt the most 3's on the team outside of Hendricks. Mueller and Redding, 2 starting, high minute players... are a combined 1-14 from the arc... a blazing 7.1% clip.

The biggest reason for people's frustration, is that this coaching staff plays players high minutes that are incapable of putting the ball in the basket, while players ride the bench who in limited sample size, have shown a much better knack for putting the ball in the basket. I don't care how gritty, hard nosed, and tough you are, if you can't outscore the other team, you will win very few basketball games.

Again, I appreciate everything Mueller brings to the table, and in the right role, he's a player that will help you win ball games. Same with Redding. Right now, neither player is being used in roles that are resulting in the Pokes winning basketball games. The blame for that lies on nobody's shoulders but Edwards, and the Pokes having a roster that has 2 "bigs" on the entire roster is also squarely on Edwards shoulders.
Spot on. Agree with this 1000 percent. Play the guys who can put the ball in the hoop, regardless of age and time in the program. Time for Burmanto put the heat on Edwards
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yup, mueller is doing his best and is a decent player.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:27 am Yup, mueller is doing his best and is a decent player.
I agree he’s a decent player. Does all the little things that he should do to see playing time. He’s just not a starter and do to injuries, he’s been forced to be a 6’6” center. That’s a starting D2 center. I think when we get all the guys back, he plays 5-8 mins a night in his more natural 3 position. He has a decent mid range game, but to ask him to guard a 6’9” guy is asking too much. What about trying Dung out? Seems athletic and has better shot blocking ability. We need someone to block a few shots in the paint, or at least alter them
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I agree, I don’t think anyone is hating on him all that much. He’s scrappy and plays D. I think people don’t agree with him starting and/or getting starter minutes. We’d rather see some younger guys that show real promise get more minutes.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

No one hates him, and no one is blaming him.

However, by every measurable statistic possible on a basketball court (including advanced analytics), he just isn't deserving of 35 minutes of play. That's all.

If there's something he brings as far as intangibles that makes everyone around him better and gives us a better chance to win, then maybe you can enlighten me on what that is. Being a hard worker with a good attitude is great, but that alone isn't 35 minutes worth. Role players still need to produce something.