Rebounding!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We actually went for offensive rebounds! And we got a lot of them! And we won! Guarantee no one on the coaching staff will notice or see the correlation and we won't do this in the future.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Did the team as a whole actually switch their rebounding mindset, or did just a couple guys individually take advantage? I see that Maldonado and Taylor accounted for 7 of the 10 individual offensive rebounds.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Offensive boards are easier when you drive into the lane and miss as opposed to hucking up 3s. I think we got penetration and had some easy follows
W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm Offensive boards are easier when you drive into the lane and miss as opposed to hucking up 3s. I think we got penetration and had some easy follows
THis is what I was thinking too. We game planned to get it inside more this game and the players didn't just chuck up 3's(we still shot a lot of them but the majority of them I thought were good shots after getting the ball inside) And offensive rebounds followed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

TSpoke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm
laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 pm Offensive boards are easier when you drive into the lane and miss as opposed to hucking up 3s. I think we got penetration and had some easy follows
THis is what I was thinking too. We game planned to get it inside more this game and the players didn't just chuck up 3's(we still shot a lot of them but the majority of them I thought were good shots after getting the ball inside) And offensive rebounds followed.
I don't know if was our guys going rogue, or a coaching decision, but there were just way more Pokes around the basket on offense for some reason.
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

I wont give credit for Edwards on the rebounding. I don't think he was groomed in the coaching ranks to have a rebound ranks. However, in the post game he did mention it was game plan to get to the line more which would indicate their goal was to drive the basket more. I did like the rebound though and obviously should be something a coach can see as a stepping stone for this young team.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Beat Niagara!!!