WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Taylor is good
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I wish Dung and Porter would get minutes. We need help in the post.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm Taylor is good
Taylor for Mueller, yes please.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'd like to see more of Johnson too
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Was very impressed with the game last night. Would have liked them not to have let up when they were up 16 and let them back in but other than that it seemed like the coaches had a good game plan and the player executed it well. Rebounded well for once while still being undersized. Hope it continues.Very impressed with TJ. HE wasn't one of the new guys I was most excited about but he showed tonight that he can really play. Think when we get our bigs back he will be stuck behind JJ and Maldo so hopefully we can find ways to continue to get him game time.

Would have liked to see some more of AJ but he looked lost when trying to break the press Grambling had. Would have like some more of Porter too but we found a rotation that was working well and stuck with it so no real complaints.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Hunter M looks really good this year so far. It looks like he might have taken the next step in his development.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 am Was very impressed with the game last night. Would have liked them not to have let up when they were up 16 and let them back in but other than that it seemed like the coaches had a good game plan and the player executed it well. Rebounded well for once while still being undersized. Hope it continues.Very impressed with TJ. HE wasn't one of the new guys I was most excited about but he showed tonight that he can really play. Think when we get our bigs back he will be stuck behind JJ and Maldo so hopefully we can find ways to continue to get him game time.

Would have liked to see some more of AJ but he looked lost when trying to break the press Grambling had. Would have like some more of Porter too but we found a rotation that was working well and stuck with it so no real complaints.
AE needs to just let Banks play. It seems like Banks is always looking over his shoulder for Edwards to yell at him. FFS let him play. Edwards would rather have redding in there bricking everything.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:54 am
TSpoke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 am Was very impressed with the game last night. Would have liked them not to have let up when they were up 16 and let them back in but other than that it seemed like the coaches had a good game plan and the player executed it well. Rebounded well for once while still being undersized. Hope it continues.Very impressed with TJ. HE wasn't one of the new guys I was most excited about but he showed tonight that he can really play. Think when we get our bigs back he will be stuck behind JJ and Maldo so hopefully we can find ways to continue to get him game time.

AE needs to just let Banks play. It seems like Banks is always looking over his shoulder for Edwards to yell at him. FFS let him play. Edwards would rather have redding in there bricking everything.
Overall I would agree that I want to see what Banks can do but last night he was lost out there. Redding was in control of the game and playing good defense. I like having Redding out there even though he can't shoot.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:28 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm Taylor is good
Taylor for Mueller, yes please.
Mueller reminds me of Cody Kelly. Undersized for his position who has a high motor, but just isn’t blessed with the ability of other options. After watching last nights game, I would love to see more of these guys. Starting 5 until Thompson and Naughton are back would be James at PG, the three other guards as Maldonado, Taylor and Hendricks and Porter. We really need the Thompson back ASAP for much needed size. When Naughton gets back, we will be a decent team. With the size of our guards, we need everyone of them to crash the defensive boards and all but one or two to crash offensively. This team is built to be a 4 guard, positionless team
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 pm Mueller reminds me of Cody Kelly. Undersized for his position who has a high motor, but just isn’t blessed with the ability of other options. After watching last nights game, I would love to see more of these guys. Starting 5 until Thompson and Naughton are back would be James at PG, the three other guards as Maldonado, Taylor and Hendricks and Porter. We really need the Thompson back ASAP for much needed size. When Naughton gets back, we will be a decent team.
Hopefully, Thompson will clear concussion protocol and be available for the Fort Meyers Tourney. This team needs some size badly. Hunter needs to stay out of foul trouble , though.

Grambling is just bad basketball. We'll see if the Pokes have improved against better competition in Boston College (2-1, loss to IUPUI), Loyola/Chicago (2-1, loss to Furman) or Richmond (1-1, loss to Longwood) and Evansville (0-2, losses to Illinois and Xavier). South Carolina at the AA down the road.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

POKE FAN wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:28 pm
Vt poke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 pm Mueller reminds me of Cody Kelly. Undersized for his position who has a high motor, but just isn’t blessed with the ability of other options. After watching last nights game, I would love to see more of these guys. Starting 5 until Thompson and Naughton are back would be James at PG, the three other guards as Maldonado, Taylor and Hendricks and Porter. We really need the Thompson back ASAP for much needed size. When Naughton gets back, we will be a decent team.
Hopefully, Thompson will clear concussion protocol and be available for the Fort Meyers Tourney. This team needs some size badly. Hunter needs to stay out of foul trouble , though.

Grambling is just bad basketball. We'll see if the Pokes have improved against better competition in Boston College (2-1, loss to IUPUI), Loyola/Chicago (2-1, loss to Furman) or Richmond (1-1, loss to Longwood) and Evansville (0-2, losses to Illinois and Xavier). South Carolina at the AA down the road.
I'm not sure if Grambling is bad. They won the SWAC last year and sounds like they got some players returning and some good players coming off red-shirts. I agree we still have a lot to learn about this team and the next couple weeks will show us but I think Grambling might not be a terrible team.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:40 pm
POKE FAN wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm not sure if Grambling is bad. They won the SWAC last year and sounds like they got some players returning and some good players coming off red-shirts. I agree we still have a lot to learn about this team and the next couple weeks will show us but I think Grambling might not be a terrible team.
HIstorically, they've been bad basketball (against decent D1 competition). There isn't a team in the SWAC with a winning record right now and only Grambling had a winning record last year. Last night, I saw many instances where Grambling couldn't finish offensive opportunities or the game MAY have been even tighter. And Grambling STILL shot 49.1% for the game! I'll lose my skepticism if the Pokes play solid on both ends of the court against the teams mentioned above.
andersonj
Buckaroo

If you all watch the defensive end and then the way they run their offense, you would give the coaches some love--it was nice to watch. Sometimes, chemistry and coaching take some time. I know I would much rather watch Redding, Mueller and Maldonado play than watch Dalton last year--he made so many mistakes! Remember, coaches instruct but players play!