laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Tv at all?
W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:56 pmTv at all?
Pac12 network. I haven't found a free stream, yet. Reddit apparently shut down hoops streams yesterday.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Be careful with this site, but it's streaming the game:

http://goatd.net/472075/watch-wyoming-vs-oregon-state
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I get pac12 with my sling subscription... although so far this game is a train wreck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:38 pm I get pac12 with my sling subscription... although so far this game is a train wreck.
Sounds like it. No Hunter T?
W-Y, Until I Die!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:44 pm
FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:38 pm I get pac12 with my sling subscription... although so far this game is a train wreck.
Sounds like it. No Hunter T?
No Thompson.... Porter and Hendricks started, Maldonado off the bench. Taylor and Dung have both got in the game, Edwards still refuses to play Banks for some reason.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

3FG: 4-12 (33.3%)
2FG: 8-15 (53.3%)

Ten players have already seen the floor for the Pokes.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Not gonna hate on Mueller, because he does a lot of things that I like, does so many of the little things, he's put in a tough spot given that we have very little size with Naughton and Thompson both out, and he's played admirably, even hit an early 3...... but him and Redding on the floor together, essentially gives us 2 players that are for the most part.. offensive non factors on the floor. So being 3 on 5 on the offensive end, coupled with the "schemes" we run makes it really tough to put up points.

I really have no problem with either guy, and think the Pokes can utilize both..... but why does Edwards continually handicap our offense?
Glad to see a few players in the game today that didn't get in the game Tuesday... hopefully he can manage minutes better than he did Tuesday so players don't get so run down at the end of the game.

Main head scratcher for me remains why no Banks? That guy is quite the athlete, sure would be nice to see what he can contribute, particularly on the offensive end of the floor where we seem to be so limited. I understand Edwards is stressing defense, and I'd imagine if guys aren't D'ing it up in practice they won't see the floor, but kinda hard to win games when we can't score more than the other team.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

POKE FAN wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 pm Image

3FG: 4-12 (33.3%)
2FG: 8-15 (53.3%)

Ten players have already seen the floor for the Pokes.
I see Banks has played 2 minutes according to those stats, I musta missed something, I don't recall when he was in. I remember Johnson briefly getting in, just can't remember banks getting in the game.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Banks in the game in the second half. Confirms that 10 players have played today for the pokes. Down 19 with 12 minutes left. Pretty dang ugly game. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of Shroyer 2.0
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

So much for the Pokes hanging their hat on the defensive end of the floor. Sleep walking out there on both ends. Shooting under 40% from the floor. Under 30% from the arc in every game this season. 50% from the line. Outrebounded by 17. Sounds pretty much exactly like a Shroyer team.
bullpoke
Buckaroo

Worse.. it’s an Edwards team... I have been saying for 2 years to get rid of him .. I told everybody that eventually everyone will come to my side.. He really is very bad... oh well
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

We didn't deserve to win that game plain and simple, that said that was some pathetic officiating.

But there are players in excited to watch grow, Porter looks like he will be a more physical and aggressive Herdon frame.

Hendricks also looks like he will be a solid player. This will be a ugly year just as ugly as football has been.

But we always have wrestling, how about them pokes today on the mat.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

What a joke of a game. It’s incredible the way we’ve regressed with supposed better talent this year. Gonna be a long season
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

3FG: 7-23 (30.4%)
2FG: 17-34 (50.0%)

Defensive FG% ---> 49.2%
bullpoke
Buckaroo

I agree with you about the players mentioned... You have been on Edwards side... what makes you think Edwards will be able to do anything with these kids? Give me any poof what he has done to develop players? Has he put them in position to help them? I can give you a million bad things but I can’t come up with any good ones.. Is James even better than 2 years ago, is any player any better? I can only imagine what head games he plays with these kids. I really am curious not trying to be a jerk btw...
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:07 pm Not gonna hate on Mueller, because he does a lot of things that I like, does so many of the little things, he's put in a tough spot given that we have very little size with Naughton and Thompson both out, and he's played admirably, even hit an early 3...... but him and Redding on the floor together, essentially gives us 2 players that are for the most part.. offensive non factors on the floor. So being 3 on 5 on the offensive end, coupled with the "schemes" we run makes it really tough to put up points.
I have yet to see this bunch play a game, but yes, statistically Mueller isn't a factor in terms of scoring the ball, or distributing the ball, or taking care of the ball, or rebounding, or creating turnovers on defense.

So that begs the question, what exactly is he a factor on? Being in the right spot on D? Someone enlighten me because there are ZERO numbers that back up the idea that he should be seeing 30+ minutes.

Redding at least has ball security and can get to the FT line.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:46 pm So much for the Pokes hanging their hat on the defensive end of the floor. Sleep walking out there on both ends. Shooting under 40% from the floor. Under 30% from the arc in every game this season. 50% from the line. Outrebounded by 17. Sounds pretty much exactly like a Shroyer team.
Yup. We can complain about the offensie side all we want, but allowing opponents to shoot the % we've been allowing and getting outrebounded by 10-20 per outing won't get it done even if we start showing a pulse on O.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I missed this game.

just looking at the stats it seems that rebounding was a big problem. out rebounded by nearly 20? wow. This is getting old