Santa Barbara Coach Joe Pasternack

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

What a great hire for a western school trying to be good at basketball.

The freshman big guy they had would have been so nice to get. He's also doing amazing job bringing in transfers.

I just came away really impressed by this coach
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

He won’t be there long. He is a damn good coach. You could see him on bench actually coaching his players and building them up. He got on them when needed but seemed to be cut from a different coaching cloth than Edwards.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm He won’t be there long. He is a damn good coach. You could see him on bench actually coaching his players and building them up. He got on them when needed but seemed to be cut from a different coaching cloth than Edwards.
I agree I just saw him from about 50 feet away. Yeah he is a really impressive coach. My post was almost a subtle way of asking. So maybe I just will.

What about this guy as head coach in Laramie?
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:24 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm He won’t be there long. He is a damn good coach. You could see him on bench actually coaching his players and building them up. He got on them when needed but seemed to be cut from a different coaching cloth than Edwards.
I agree I just saw him from about 50 feet away. Yeah he is a really impressive coach. My post was almost a subtle way of asking. So maybe I just will.

What about this guy as head coach in Laramie?
Unfortunately I don't think it's an upgrade over where he is at.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Santa Barbara/Laramie hmmmm tough decision LOL, not...
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

300,000 in Santa Barbara

Or

750,000 in Laramie

Wouldn't that be a step up? Huge financial decision. Better conference.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 am 300,000 in Santa Barbara

Or

750,000 in Laramie

Also a big jump in facilities, and Santa Barbara is even worse than Wyoming for attendance. I believe they had an average of around 1500 fans for home games in 2017 and the Pokes were around 4500. I still think Edwards has a few years before Burman does anything with him. Hopefully he figures it out and the Pokes finish in the top half of the conference this year. I'm tired of coaching changes.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Or

750,000 in Laramie

Everything I found has Edwards at just under $500,000, not 750,000...curious where you got your number from.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:15 am

Or

750,000 in Laramie

Everything I found has Edwards at just under $500,000, not 750,000...curious where you got your number from.
Milestones and/or incentives maybe?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Or

750,000 in Laramie

How far does a dollar get you in CA vs. WY? Between housing, taxes, etc.. Edwards is easily making 2x more.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 am

Or

750,000 in Laramie

How far does a dollar get you in CA vs. WY? Between housing, taxes, etc.. Edwards is easily making 2x more.
Oh for sure, I'm not arguing that the value of one is less than the other. I was trying to find salary numbers yesterday and all I could find was $500K for Edwards and I couldn't find anything for Pasternack, so I was curious where they got them from.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

We do have a bigger budget and better facilities but going to a game in Laramie is awful. The arena is so low energy and quiet you could take a nap ( and would have ample room with all the empty seats). This is the fourth year in a row it's been like that. Ever since we laid a turd against Fort Lewis for that exhibition game where we raised the tourney banner. The prior season was the last fun season, even before they made the conference tourney run there were fun games like the New Mexico game.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I didn't figure Edwards was making 750. Just that Wyoming could pay a guy like that for 2-4 years and they know they'll get half back in a buyout when a pac12 school or whoever takes him
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm We do have a bigger budget and better facilities but going to a game in Laramie is awful. The arena is so low energy and quiet you could take a nap ( and would have ample room with all the empty seats). This is the fourth year in a row it's been like that. Ever since we laid a turd against Fort Lewis for that exhibition game where we raised the tourney banner. The prior season was the last fun season, even before they made the conference tourney run there were fun games like the New Mexico game.
It's crazy. There were seriously like 8k at that game and we got beat by a joco school or whatever. There haven't been even close to that many people back since. Shyatt was basically announcing "We suck again!".

We go on to have a crap year and then hire someone from that staff who'd never been a head coach before for cheap. Now here we are. Basically Schroyer Era apathy and crowds.

Who the heck buys the lower bowl tickets and never goes to games? It looks terrible
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm We do have a bigger budget and better facilities but going to a game in Laramie is awful. The arena is so low energy and quiet you could take a nap ( and would have ample room with all the empty seats). This is the fourth year in a row it's been like that. Ever since we laid a turd against Fort Lewis for that exhibition game where we raised the tourney banner. The prior season was the last fun season, even before they made the conference tourney run there were fun games like the New Mexico game.
It's crazy. There were seriously like 8k at that game and we got beat by a joco school or whatever. There haven't been even close to that many people back since. Shyatt was basically announcing "We suck again!".

We go on to have a crap year and then hire someone from that staff who'd never been a head coach before for cheap. Now here we are. Basically Schroyer Era apathy and crowds.

Who the heck buys the lower bowl tickets and never goes to games? It looks terrible
There was nobody there. I really should have counted. Talked to most of them
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

This guys not being mentioned on the lists for the big jobs. Their season is going good but not great.

Irvine has a really good team too and just beat ucsb. Maybe both don't go to tourney. I still think this guy could be a great hire for Wyoming