How to help Edwards

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bullpoke
Buckaroo

Here are a few ideas...

1st make EVERYONE CRASH the Boards.. everyone.. if you don't you sit the bench. Put your Bigs in a POSITION to help with that.. IT doesnt help when your bigs are out trying to bust 3's when the shot goes up.. we will NEVER win a rebounding battle.

2nd Run a offence that helps get set shots, OR push the pace a bit, maybe get a better flow and when your running and gunning .. your bigs should fill the lane and will be in a better position to get rebounds.. then have everyone crash the boards..

3rd Figure out who your athletes are develop them and play them (fill in the others when needed for example if one team is playing a zone.. might need to change it up vs someone who is pressing the whole game).. why can we all see who should be playing but he cant? HUGE weakness of Edwards has been and still is.

4th You talk about D this and D that.. I have seen nothing that makes me believe you know anything about D... have you tried to press??? if your bent on playing lots of players then full court press and rotate guys in.. speed up the game at 7200 ft .. TRY IT.. try anything.. go to a ZONE and see what it does to another team.. if its not working then try something different. Try things Id rather see him trying something.. but I see nothing

just a few thoughts.. I have many more but Im sure you all dont want to hear them.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Joe Legerski had a great quote in today's paper about defense; something about not over-pursuing, toes on the three point line, etc... pretty much the exact opposite of the Cowboy's defense.

ww
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The #1 thing Edwards could do is pursue O rebounds and let one of his assistants be in charge over who plays and who doesn't.