Pokes vs. UC-Santa Barbara Game Thread

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 pm Man this is a bad shooting Wyoming team. Again. Ugh.
Nothing really stands out for this team...shooting, Rebounding, defense,...what does this team hang its hat on?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Gonna be VERY long season if we can’t score....
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 pm Gonna be VERY long season if we can’t score....
Justin James looks good but we look undisciplined and shoot too many 3's again.

Hope we win this game but the fact we are losing at home to UCSB and they are missing their leading scorer doesn't provide much hope.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
jsmoke2215
Buckaroo

Welp, losing on your home court to one of the worst 351 teams in all of America... at least there's no getting worse from this, because this is truly rock bottom.

Every single player should be utterly humiliated right now. They should honestly consider whether they have any desire to continue the season. I hope they really consider it.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This isn’t good... this doesn’t bode well
jsmoke2215
Buckaroo

Oh wow.

Humiliated at home by one of the worst teams in D1 basketball without their best player.

Sorry folks. But this team is at best gutless, and at worst the most humiliating group of "athletes" in the history of this university.

See y'all next year.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Jesus. This is awful. It’d be nice to see Edwards encourage his players instead of screaming at them...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Justin James drives, gets double teamed and makes a sweet pass to mueller, who should have scored but just stands there and then gets rejected
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

They're a young team, but Edwards seems blind to what's wrong. Going to be a long season.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Garbage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

That’s a bad loss. Never been a fan of Edwards but was open to him getting another season to implement his system fully with his guys. It doesn’t look good
jsmoke2215
Buckaroo

wow...

skull ****ed at home by one of the worst teams in all of America without their best player.

This is the kind of game where you seriously question whether the program should even exist, it brings that kind of humiliation and embarrassment to the program.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Same old, same old.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
jsmoke2215
Buckaroo

Hire a diversity hire and then wonder why you suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Another game where we die by the three and do nothing to change it up.... good god
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I have never thought Edwards was a good coach after I saw his style. His x's & O's are horrible and he may yell at his team to play defense in practice but he obviously doesn't know how to teach it or coach it because they have never been that good at it since he has been the coach. His teams always shoot too many 3's and are undisciplined turning the ball over too much.

Problem is he is going to probably get 2 more years after this because he won his 20 games the first two years he coached which was just smoke and mirrors.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 pm Man this is a bad shooting Wyoming team. Again. Ugh.
It’s incredible how bad we are at shooting. Especially when our entire offense is predicated on shooting contested, low percentage threes. How can we not get better shooters? This is going to be a painful year. Can we get a new coach?
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

I never thought I would miss Steve McClain, but here I am in that exact scenario. I have a real hard time understanding what Edwards is trying to accomplish on offense or defense. The rotation was 7 tonight, I dont get that either.

We were gassed halfway through the second half, how the hell does a team that plays at sea level have more energy than we do?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Might be a looooong season, ugh
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I commented in another thread that if Edwards was figuring on playing Redding and Mueller 35+ a night we are in big big trouble........
Mueller 35 minutes, Redding 34........
I honestly have zero faith in Edwards ability to put the best possible team that he can on the floor..... As others have mentioned, Edwards x's and o's are seriously middle school level.