Wyoming Basketball 2018-2019 (Notes, Quotes, Videos)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

If only a certain unnamed football player wouldn't have thrown his basketball career to the wind so he could catch screens for no gain and run jetsweeps for 1 yard. What could have been........
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Public relations....... :thumb:
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm I think the banks kid looks good. I’ve only seen that one tweet of him dunking, but dang that was impressive. I hope he’s the pg
I hope you are right. That seems to put the highest ceiling on the lineup
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Men's Basketball Delivers Season Tickets

The Cowboys and Coach Edwards personally delivered tickets to season ticket holders before the first game of the season vs Colorado Christian on November 1.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Video length = 1:47

Last edited by POKE FAN on Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

POKE FAN wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 am Video length = 1:47

Anybody have any insider stuff on how the team is looking? Which new guys are standing out?! Wish they had the exhibition on Friday or Sat night next weekend so I could catch football and basketball
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Anybody have any insider stuff on how the team is looking? Which new guys are standing out?! Wish they had the exhibition on Friday or Sat night next weekend so I could catch football and basketball
My brother and I stepped in to watch them work out before the Boy-Z game. Mainly sprint/footwork drills along with some defensive rebounding and offensive motion/perimeter passing work. Wish I could offer more, but they did look pretty athletic overall. Looking forward to seeing how the new guys fit in during the non-conference portion of the schedule.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke
Ranch Hand

POKE FAN wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:23 pm
Vt poke wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:34 pm

My brother and I stepped in to watch them work out before the Boy-Z game. Mainly sprint/footwork drills along with some defensive rebounding and offensive motion/perimeter passing work. Wish I could offer more, but they did look pretty athletic overall. Looking forward to seeing how the new guys fit in during the non-conference portion of the schedule.
A long, athletic team won’t break my heart. Just hoping that there is someone who can shoot the three on the team. We have sorely missed this since the Sean Ogirri days. Any idea if next Thursday’s game will be aired?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 pm A long, athletic team won’t break my heart. Just hoping that there is someone who can shoot the three on the team. We have sorely missed this since the Sean Ogirri days. Any idea if next Thursday’s game will be aired?
Looking forward to seeing what Hendricks can do from the arc, but he's been slowed down with an arm injury. We may have to wait until next week to see if there is a stream of the game. Nothing showing on the UW site or MWN site.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Vt poke wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 pmJust hoping that there is someone who can shoot the three on the team. We have sorely missed this since the Sean Ogirri days. Any idea if next Thursday’s game will be aired?
McManimal shot a higher % than Ogirri ever did. I would say Dalton was a solid shooter his Senior year as well (over 40%)

Now, having TWO shooters on the same team would be lovely.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

A few pics of the newest Pokes:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cowboys Have Nice Mix of Veterans and Newcomers

"This group is very balanced on both sides of the ball," Edwards said. "When I look at our size, length and ability we have players that are capable scorers, but also have ability and athleticism on the defensive end. As we prepare for the season is to take advantage of the opportunities to season themselves at this level of basketball."

"It was a calculated decision by our staff to get players that were removed from high school," Edwards said. "We have guys that are older by age. They understand that the competition and the speed of the game is faster and they are adjusting well."

"To be able to have South Carolina come here into our building is something special," Edwards said. "Coach Martin is a mentor of mine and for him to come out here and give our fans an opportunity to come out and support against a team of that quality is special."

Full article: https://gowyo.com/news/2018/10/29/mens- ... omers.aspx