Wyoming Basketball 2018-2019 (Notes, Quotes, Videos)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 pm How much will hunter Thompson play to start this year? Will he play the 4 or 5?
If he is totally healthy and from everything I have heard he is good to go. I would assume he will start at the 4 alongside Jordan Naughton at the 5.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

poke_addict wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 pm How much will hunter Thompson play to start this year? Will he play the 4 or 5?
If he is totally healthy and from everything I have heard he is good to go. I would assume he will start at the 4 alongside Jordan Naughton at the 5.
I see 4 potential starters based totally on paper. Naughton at 5, Thompson at 4, Maldonado at 3 and James at 2. Point guard up for grabs with maybe using James there. That would be a pretty tall lineup at 6’10”, 6’10”, 6’7” and 6’7”. This team will need another scorer other than James. A lights out 3 point shooter would help. Maybe Hendricks can fill that role?! I’ll be watching to see what could’ve been with Anthony Mack
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Vt poke wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 am
poke_addict wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 pm
I see 4 potential starters based totally on paper. Naughton at 5, Thompson at 4, Maldonado at 3 and James at 2. Point guard up for grabs with maybe using James there. That would be a pretty tall lineup at 6’10”, 6’10”, 6’7” and 6’7”. This team will need another scorer other than James. A lights out 3 point shooter would help. Maybe Hendricks can fill that role?! I’ll be watching to see what could’ve been with Anthony Mack
Yeah I wish it would have worked out with Mack but Laramie wasn't going to be the best fit for him with his concussion problem. One of the more severe symptoms I have seen with a college athlete.

Pretty much agree with your starting line up I think James and Maldonado have obviously solidified their starting roles. We know what JJ can do and saw some very encouraging signs with Maldonado. I actually think Hunter is a more complete player than James. He was very impressive with his knowledge of the game. Just knows where he needs to be on the court. Expecting Edward's to put more on his plate this coming season.

The point is definitely up for grabs but would bet you everything in my wallet that Ny will be the starter come Nov 6th. I agree we will see James bringing the ball up quite a bit this season. Out of all the new guys I was most impressed with Bradley Belts tape. Kid can make defenders feel very wobbly. He was recruited to play the 1 or 2. Hope to see him out there Also have the Juco kid Banks to play at the point as well.

I'm starting to get very eager for Basketball season like always. Definitely not expecting a Nevada quality team but think Edwards has recruited some nice pieces for his puzzle and should be competitive in every game.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:43 pm Out of all the new guys I was most impressed with Bradley Belts tape. Kid can make defenders feel very wobbly. He was recruited to play the 1 or 2. Hope to see him out there Also have the Juco kid Banks to play at the point as well.
Last I heard, Bradley Belt was going to redshirt this year for academic reasons. Too bad, because I also thought he was one of the more interesting newcomers.

Lots of new faces and it will take time for this group to jell. As long as this group plays tough team defense, shows some discipline offensively and continues to improve throughout the non-conference portion of the schedule, I'll be happy.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think the banks kid looks good. I’ve only seen that one tweet of him dunking, but dang that was impressive. I hope he’s the pg
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

As far as the new guys go Trace Young is going to be our next scoring stud, Brandon Porter is going to be our jack of all trades, and Lwal Dung is going to D it up, grab boards, and be the butt of many poop jokes.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 pm As far as the new guys go Trace Young is going to be our next scoring stud, Brandon Porter is going to be our jack of all trades, and Lwal Dung is going to D it up, grab boards, and be the butt of many poop jokes.
I would love to see Trace in the starting lineup with James at the point. We would be a lengthy group
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Vt poke wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am
Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 pm As far as the new guys go Trace Young is going to be our next scoring stud, Brandon Porter is going to be our jack of all trades, and Lwal Dung is going to D it up, grab boards, and be the butt of many poop jokes.
I would love to see Trace in the starting lineup with James at the point. We would be a lengthy group
I agree, they could create some nightmare matchups.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming at Mountain West Basketball Media Day (Casper Star-Tribune)

Coach Allen Edwards and guards Justin James and Hunter Maldonado discuss the upcoming season at MW media day in Las Vegas.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Big Uche in the house. Helluva team back in 2001-02. Gonzaga remembers! ;)

FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I hope you guys are right regarding the lineup, although history pretty well tells us that Redding is probably gonna start at point. Would much much rather have a better athlete in that spot though.