Wyoming Basketball 2018-2019 (Notes, Quotes, Videos)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:56 am Sigh..... naughton is seriously made of glass
getting injured while stretching out another injured part is pretty on brand
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm
FarmerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:56 am Sigh..... naughton is seriously made of glass
paper mache
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Listening to Edwards is maddening at times. He talks a lot but says very little.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 am Listening to Edwards is maddening at times. He talks a lot but says very little.
So a coach.

Thought I heard the things I wanted to hear from him. Settled for too many threes needed to drive more, Porter and Dung need to bring the intensity on D before they get in the game, and he should have played Banks more in the second half.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

At the end of the day...

Can we stop saying that poop? f-word.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 am Listening to Edwards is maddening at times. He talks a lot but says very little.
So a coach.

Thought I heard the things I wanted to hear from him. Settled for too many threes needed to drive more, Porter and Dung need to bring the intensity on D before they get in the game, and he should have played Banks more in the second half.
He always says empty things like this. START IMPLEMENTING ADJUSTMENTS!!! You don't like seeing all the threes? Call sets to get to the hoop. You dont like the intensity of players? Be a coach, figure out how get the most of your players! Maybe start building them up instead of screaming and cussing at them. You werent happy with the amount of time Banks played... Then... well.... PLAY HIM! Gimme a break coach. All the things you hated seeing were COACHING issues, not player issues.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

So a coach.

well why the hell didn't he. Geez!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:09 am
So a coach.

He always says empty things like this. START IMPLEMENTING ADJUSTMENTS!!! You don't like seeing all the threes? Call sets to get to the hoop. You dont like the intensity of players? Be a coach, figure out how get the most of your players! Maybe start building them up instead of screaming and cussing at them. You werent happy with the amount of time Banks played... Then... well.... PLAY HIM! Gimme a break coach. All the things you hated seeing were COACHING issues, not player issues.
Well those are issues with his coaching not with his interview. I agree that he should have played Banks but I at least like him admitting that after the game in the interview. And I like seeing the self critique rather than just general coach speak.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Hunter Thompson:

FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

POKE FAN wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:36 pm Hunter Thompson:

Man that's great news that his jaw is not broken!! Hope he's feeling better soon!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

FarmerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm
POKE FAN wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:36 pm Hunter Thompson:

Man that's great news that his jaw is not broken!! Hope he's feeling better soon!
No kidding. That could've sent the season into a tailspin. The kid is going to get some good development in playing as much as possible but it's sad that he's so relied upon.

I'm really worried about trying to play any games with mueller and Maldonado at center.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Justin James’ Near Triple-Double Not Enough In Pokes Loss To Oregon State

“Oregon State is a very good basketball team,” UW head coach Allen Edwards said. “As the game wore on our size hurt, but I was proud of the effort of our team. We didn’t always do the right thing on the court tonight, but I wasn’t displeased with that. What really hurt and I wasn’t pleased about was the shooting from the free throw line.”

Link: http://wyo4news.com/news/justin-james-n ... gon-state/

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

OSU Men’s Basketball takes down Wyoming Cowboys

If they had all their players, Tinkle said, “It could’ve been a different outcome, but I’m proud of our guys for understanding that during the game and not playing with less effort and focus. We came out and did what we had to do; had a couple lulls, but all in all, I’m really proud of the guys for the way they took it to the court.”

Link: http://www.orangemedianetwork.com/daily ... afaaa.html

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

POKE FAN wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:13 am Justin James’ Near Triple-Double Not Enough In Pokes Loss To Oregon State

“Oregon State is a very good basketball team,” UW head coach Allen Edwards said. “As the game wore on our size hurt, but I was proud of the effort of our team. We didn’t always do the right thing on the court tonight, but I wasn’t displeased with that. What really hurt and I wasn’t pleased about was the shooting from the free throw line.”

Link: http://wyo4news.com/news/justin-james-n ... gon-state/

Looks like no one goes to their games either
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Some other MWC teams had rough days on Saturday. San Jose lost to southern Utah, Boise lost to Idaho st and UNLV lost to Loyola Maramount all at home
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Hunter Thompson / Hunter Maldonado:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

"He is a complete basketball player and person," Edwards said. "He is a great student both in the classroom and of the game. Kenny understands how to play the game the right way. He has the ability to score the basketball on all three levels. He is a great rebounder and a tremendous athlete that fits the mold of the players we want in this program."

Link: https://gowyo.com/news/2018/11/14/mens- ... oster.aspx