Hoops start!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

According to FB, anyway. Any News would be most appreciated, as I'm a little tired of all Zags all the time here in the great northwest.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Ready for Justin's Senior year and to see Mr. Hunter Thompson play in the Brown and Gold as well!!!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I live in Gonzaga territory too and I don't blame them for loving the zags. They are doing something amazing. And every year they are getting better and better. They'll win it all, soon. They went from the same problem Wyoming used to have when they were good of playing 6-3 or 6/4 guard types at the 3. Then you run into the big time teams at the end and they have 6-8 guys there. Now Gonzaga has 3 or 4 6-8 athletic wings. Next year they bring in 2 local recruits that are too good to be true

I would love Wyoming to get to Gonzaga level but that's close to unrealistic for almost any school. It was/is the perfect storm.

I like that Wyoming is getting maybe more into the national scene of aau and even if it's not really getting these guys they someday will if the local recruiting like these Denver kids and pine bluffs pans out as solid as it looks.

I really want Gonzaga in the conference
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I want the Zags to come to the MW as well, it'd be a great addition for national notoriety and to watch some really good bball as well. Mark Few is one heck of a program builder and should never leave!!!
Love what's going on out there and one day I need to attend a game at at the Kennel!!
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I certainly have nothing against the Zags; they have a terrific program and are really fun to watch. The kennel is a way fun place to be. It's always great to root for David in the land of Goliath. And, the Zags are a model for us to emulate. No offense intended.

But, I am a Pokes fan, and have been since the days of Bradley, Garnett, et al, in the Fieldhouse. Every year at this time I get hungry for fresh news - which of the new guys look able to step in, whether we'll have an inside game...I'm hoping for some fear and loathing in the post, with wings who can drive and shoot. And so I wait for news. Conjecture. Rumors.

Looking forward to the season!