Legerski choke job

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Cowgirls lose, up by 8 going into 4th qtr. Lose MWC title at home. Boise goes on 9-0 run; Cowgirls fade in deciding moments.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

That 4th quarter was brutal.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Edwards won't lose a championship vs Boise...
GoGoPokes
Buckaroo

As I think wyokoke was eluding too...it would sure be nice if our men's program had as many "choke jobs" over the last 15 years that Joe Legerski has had. I'll take Joe Legerski's consistency any day of the week even if it leads to disappointment (or choking as you call it) over the mess and inconsistency the men's program has had during that span.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

GoGoPokes wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 pm As I think wyokoke was eluding too...it would sure be nice if our men's program had as many "choke jobs" over the last 15 years that Joe Legerski has had. I'll take Joe Legerski's consistency any day of the week even if it leads to disappointment (or choking as you call it) over the mess and inconsistency the men's program has had during that span.
Exactly. at least Joe had the team in the conversation to "choke." If Al choked it would mean we didn't get 5th, not that we didn't
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

When was the last time the Men's team could have choked away a regular season championship on the last game??
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Men's Basketball is the only program that can claim conference titles since the MWC formed. The 3 MWC title trophies Wyoming has all Men's Basketball. Wrestling has more titles than every other program combined since that time but thoise are obviously from other conferences.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Cowgirls have no MWC tourney or regular season titles. Losing to AF, then gifting season finale this year, is tough to swallow. I like Joe, yet think the ladies deserved better. Opportunities like this don’t happen often at UW.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Anyone remember how many timeouts we ended the game with? Final minutes reminded me of the WNIT loss last season: no offensive plays being run, throwing up low percentage looks after getting good shots the entire game. Sure looked like we needed to draw up an offensive set.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I like him but its time the Girls go to the tourney, not another WNIT, 2007 is a long time ago, NCAA bring it
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

His teams are allergic to big games. It's flop after flop. It's almost a lock they lose their first game in the MWC tournament.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This game isn’t going to help his cause...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WOW! Went to bed at half. Imagine my shock this afternoon when I checked the final. Touche girls. Thats awesome!
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Seriously hate to say it but typical Joe choke job. poop. Out couched by a second year coach from bumstock wherever. He'll never be any better than this so let's enjoy being close but no cigars.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Wih Joe Legerski we'll never suck green donkey dick balls in conference. We'll also never taste the sweet smell of success en route to an NCAA tourney bid. Mediocrty wins, this is the best we'll ever do. No surprise you did'nt get the Utah job eh Joe? Don't take it out on us. Yes, he applied.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Is anyone really surprised they lost last night? They should have lost the first night. Death, taxes and the Cowgirls choking in the MWC tournament.