Gonzaga in talks to join the mwc?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Gonzaga is one of 6 teams currently talking to join the MWC. Gonzaga is the only team he identified. This would be huge
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

And get rid of San Jose State perhaps?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 pm And get rid of San Jose State perhaps?
If there's a God....PLEASE DO!!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

It sounded interesting until one poster mentioned that unmentionable chicken poop traitor of a team that shall never, ever be part of this conference again....under any circumstance whatsoever.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

castlerocker wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:11 pm It sounded interesting until one poster mentioned that unmentionable chicken poop traitor of a team that shall never, ever be part of this conference again....under any circumstance whatsoever.
Somehow I figured as much that "they'll" be talked about expansion-wise. :roll: :puke:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Truly welcome the Zags, and lets hope this happens
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 pm And get rid of San Jose State perhaps?
My guess is that Thompson wants an even 12 teams in both sports.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/2/ ... conference this suggested that BYU would re-join if Gonzaga comes over, in which case MWC could and should kick SJSU basketball to the curb. But unless they could add BYU football as well or another football-basketball school instead of BYU then I think SJSU will stick around at least as a football school and be like Hawaii.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

After what BYU did to the conference, the MWC would have to display a HUMONGOUS act of spinelessness to even consider letting them back in.

We know the conference is not above kissing their pious posteriors but it would be inhuman to cower to their wishes.

Do Not Relieve those *!$@%?"* of their Karma.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

No to BYU
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Maybe we could have St. Mary's instead of BYU.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

If TV wants us to take the Zags and Zoobs, that's exactly what we'll do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

And who cares? I hate CSU with a passion but it would it would suck if we weren't in the same conference. Hating a rival only really makes sense if you can beat the poop out of them once a year... Can't do that if were not in the same conference. BYU is lower on my hate level, bring on the Rocky Mountain Spotted Underwear Clad Boys From West Rawlins. The stronger we can make our conference appear on paper, the better it makes Wyoming look when we beat them.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

And who cares?
I would rather see them continue to fade away into basketball oblivion than benefit from the conference that was so far below them.

If the MW welcomes them back then the MW deserves them.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I'd take them back if they brought all sports with them. If they stay independent for football leave em. Right now their basketball isn't good enough to warrant the invite.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:50 pm And who cares? I hate CSU with a passion but it would it would suck if we weren't in the same conference. Hating a rival only really makes sense if you can beat the poop out of them once a year... Can't do that if were not in the same conference. BYU is lower on my hate level, bring on the Rocky Mountain Spotted Underwear Clad Boys From West Rawlins. The stronger we can make our conference appear on paper, the better it makes Wyoming look when we beat them.
This. It's better for Wyoming in several ways. More prestige in the conference and a renewed rivalry. Yes I hate them but not because they left, that's the way things work these days.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Would landing Gonzaga require a separate slice of TV rights fees, like Boise State gets in football?

“That’s one of the details,” Thompson said. “That’s one of the issues that’s been talked around but not through.”

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:33 pm Yes I hate them but not because they left, that's the way things work these days.
It's not THAT they left, it's HOW they left. Trying to stab the entire conference in the back and leave it in the dumpster on the way out the door.

I don't want them back in the conference, and I don't want our AD to schedule them ever again. Let them suffer in their independent mediocrity. Forever.

GO POKES!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Moved north of Spokane a few months ago. This would be awesome.
52-56
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Would be really, really cool if the zags joined. Please make this happen