Gonzaga in talks to join the mwc?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I've always liked and respected what Gonzaga has done. Rooted for them countless times in the tourney. It would be a powerhouse move by the MWC for hoops if they joined. This would be more on Gonzaga's shoulders I'm guessing. Would this make the MWC a 3-4 team bid league all of sudden???

Oh yeah. f-word BYU! :finger: No reason they should be in this convo imo. :puke:
How sweet would it be for them to be stuck in a conference without Gonzaga!
Riding High!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BYU can rot. Besides, with Gonzaga, the Basketball side of the MWC would be at a nice, even 12 teams.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 pm BYU can rot. Besides, with Gonzaga, the Basketball side of the MWC would be at a nice, even 12 teams.
Gonzaga would make an even 12 in basketball, 8 in baseball, 12 in volleyball, among others.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The only reason to add BYU that personally makes sense would be if they decided to kick out SJSU as well. Otherwise, I'd think they'd want to find a third school to join as a full member to keep things even.

One interesting discussion if a BYU/SJSU swap happened would be how they split divisions. The way I'm looking at things, that would possibly mean Boise moving to the West, unless they split up the Nevadas.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo