Does tonight's game mean anything?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

With San Diego st. winning last night, are we basically out of the 5 spot? Do they have the tiebreaker on us? They have to lose at home Saturday and we have to win both games to beat them outright in the standings. It doesn't seem very likely.

That means a 1st round game again. Most likely we play San Jose st. or if we end up the 7 seed, csewe.

That home loss to New Mexico is really looming large now. Anyone booked their travel plans to Vegas yet?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Tonight means everything.

We split with SDSU during the year and would win the tiebreaker on account of our win over Nevada (assuming SDSU loses to Nevada Saturday, if they don't it's a moot point anyway).
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I think it means something if this team can show some consistency and win out these next 2 games. I don't care what spot they land in seed wise because they could lose to any team really. The MWC will be tough sledding. They have to buckle down right now till the end of the season. Everyone needs to man up and D up to their best abilities. Play with end of the season energy and let the chips fall after that. I don't want to have to see this squad play out of sorts again at this point in the year.
Riding High!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

A win would increase the W/L ratio and may mean a better seed in the CBI (if they get invited at all). I'm actually expecting a tough game against a well drilled, inside cutting AFA team.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

A win keeps us with the chance at the 5 seed in the MW tournament, with the Saturday games being the deciding factor. A loss and it is very unlikely.
ihatebroccoli
Buckaroo

A loss at home to Air Force means the team is gutless and not worthy of fan support.

So yes, it does mean something.
ihatebroccoli
Buckaroo

A truly shameful effort

IF we lose this game, can we just shut down the program?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Is it just me or does the stream on this game completely suck balls tonight?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 pm Is it just me or does the stream on this game completely suck balls tonight?
It's not just you. Rolling with Kevin and Dave tonight
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 pm Is it just me or does the stream on this game completely suck balls tonight?
Stream is a kind word. Mine just sputters from 1 frozen screen to the next.
ihatebroccoli
Buckaroo

wow

does being the most gutless team in college basketball history mean anything?
ihatebroccoli
Buckaroo

If you lose at home to Air Force on senior night do you really deserve to have a program? Serious question.
ihatebroccoli
Buckaroo

haven't scored in about 5 minutes

wow
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

4 Seniors that have given it their all, will miss Hayden and Alan....sometimes Lou and just a bit of Aka....good way to send them out. Thanx for everything...Beat Boise Saturday and make some noise in the MWC Tourney!!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Win Saturday or a SDSU loss to Nevada and we are in the 4-5 game. So yeah last nights game mattered.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

TSpoke wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:14 am Win Saturday or a SDSU loss to Nevada and we are in the 4-5 game. So yeah last nights game mattered.
Thanks. So we have the tiebreaker against SDS. That's all I wanted to know. I would love for us to get another shot against New Mexico. Speaking of which, they lead csewe 49-19 at one point in the first half. A frequent poster on ramnation was called out for tweeting that the refs were beating the csewe players up and down the court. I'm guessing that some or many ram players will leave the program after the season is over. I wouldn't mind if Prentiss Nixon became a Cowboy. The rims at the AA took a severe beating from the bricks thrown up by a couple of our guards last night.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

I believe the tiebreakers work out like this based on Saturday games:

- Wyo win + New Mexico win (Fresno loss) = Wyo 4th place
- Wyo win + New Mexico loss (Fresno win) = Wyo 5th place
- Wyo loss + San Diego St loss = Wyo 5th place
- Wyo loss + San Diego St win = Wyo 6th place