Fresno State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Opening Tip
Fresno State is one of eight schools in the West to have made back-to-back postseason appearances (NCAA or NIT).
Fresno State has won 20 of its last 27 games in its next game after a loss.
Fresno State is one of five MW teams with at least 15 wins this season.
Fresno State leads the MW in rebounding defense (30.0 avg/game).
Fresno State also ranks second in the MW in field goal shooting percentage (49.9 percent), 3-point field goal percentage (41.0 percent) and steals per game (6.8 spg).
Fresno State sophomore forward Nate Grimes leads the nation in rebounds per minute (0.48 rebounds per minute played).
Fresno State sophomore forward Bryson Williams leads the MW (11th in the nation) with a 64.9 field goal percentage (133-205 FG).
Bryson Williams has a team-high three double-doubles this season.
Fresno State has outrebounded its opponent in 16 of 23 games this season.
Fresno State has not lost three straight games since Feb. 4-11, 2017.
Fresno State is 8-1 this season when dishing out 15 or more assists.
Fresno State is 8-1 this season when making at least 75 percent of its free throw attempts.

Should be another good game
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Another huge game. Definitely a winnable game but we need to come out firing on all cylinders. Hope the pokes are well rested.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Both teams very similar records, but the Pokes against slightly tougher competition. My take: If the Pokes don't control the good 3 shooting Fresno's on the perimeter (and it is something the Pokes have trouble with) they will go down even if JJ and Dalton come through.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Jerry Schemmel on the call. How long until opening day?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

I wonder if Edwards is learning anything about working plays, rather than just passing the ball around hoping someone is open. And again NO attempt at an offensive rebound. I'm thinking this is one they can't pull out.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Stop turning the ball over :tickedoff:
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

They are absolutely destroying is in the paint. This is a game where having all our "bigs" being tall and lanky is going to hurt us big time
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Fresno is guarding more tightly than I have seen any defense so far this year. I guess they figure the Pokes aren't great ball handlers and they are right. Edwards getting out-coached so far.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

The zone is a no go against this team, Al.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

Embarrassing defense so far
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

They won't shoot 58% the entire game. Hope we have a half court offense by the time they regress.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I'm more worried about the speed of the game right now. When games move this fast we're not able too come back and win.

We need to slow it down and take better shots and please take better care of the ball and quit turning it over.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I’m not sure what I hate most... the way we’re playing or how cocky FSU players are.... act like you’ve been here before.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Don't see us coming back on this one. Getting dominated everywhere on the floor. They are shooting way better, playing way better defense, getting more rebounds and having less turnovers.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Ughhh what a terrible start. Fresno is Ding up hard and unconscious from 3 range. Pokes turning it over and our zone looks soft. I was worried about this game. Fresno's program has been on the rise for some time now. Their coach is legit.
Riding High!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:47 pm Don't see us coming back on this one. Getting dominated everywhere on the floor. They are shooting way better, playing way better defense, getting more rebounds and having less turnovers.
There’s no doubt. FSU looks like they want to win, UW looks like they’re in a preseason exhibition/scrimmage. No energy, no enthusiasm, and no fire. I wouldn’t expect FSU to shoot lights out the rest of the game but unless we change something up it won’t matter. UW is being thoroughly outplayed in all phases of play
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I'll never count us out but this is looking really bad, this game has the sane feel that the CSU game had when they took it to us.

Right now we're dying by the three.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Kelly is looking a little out of his depth in this one. Gonna have to use him for spot minutes. Everything going wrong and just bricklaying it hard. Pokes might just need to make an all out attack to the rim and try to open up open 3's. Not looking good.... :(
Riding High!!!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Doesn't help that james only has 2 points so far
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Where is Lou? Bring him in and try to up the intensity towards the rack.
Riding High!!!