Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Any word on Herndon?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

It was a great win!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Can someone explain to me what Gorski offers this team? For the minutes he gets I do not see the return. Horrible on defense, bad hands as we have seen, and not a consistent shooter. I do not understand.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:13 am Can someone explain to me what Gorski offers this team? For the minutes he gets I do not see the return. Horrible on defense, bad hands as we have seen, and not a consistent shooter. I do not understand.
Couldn’t agree more! I think we might get better minutes from Meuller. Worth a try... My biggest problem with AE is he puts way to much into certain guys. Just cause Gorski had 5 3’s in an exhibition, that doesn’t correlate to current success. He might be lights out in practice, but that isn’t translating to games. It’s Adams time. He is our best perimeter defender. He’s prone to foul, but let’s get as much out of Lou as we can. We are a much better team with him on the court, even if he does some crazy outta control spins moves every once in awhile.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:13 am Can someone explain to me what Gorski offers this team? For the minutes he gets I do not see the return. Horrible on defense, bad hands as we have seen, and not a consistent shooter. I do not understand.
He offers slowness and bad shooting
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

There were some positives and negatives about that game so people saying it was a great win are right and people saying it isn't are also right. This is a team we should have probably beaten easy but I will not be surprised if they end up better than what there record is currently showing(not a good team but not awful). Our defense was pretty bad early in the game letting them get some wide open looks at 3. LAter in the game I thought our defense played really well but they just kept hitting 3's against some good defense. But I really liked the way we fought back and won the game. We didn't give up and never thought we were out of it. It was a gritty win.
I would of thought that everyone that hates how we stand around and jack up 3's would have loved this game. We fought back in the second half without relying on 3 pointers. We shot 18 total 3's but I think we shot 13 or 14 in the first half(I don't have a break down so I could be a bit off there). We scored the most points in the paint since 2010. I really like us going inside and thought Naughton looked great in the post and gave us some good looks. I liked what we showed on offense tonight. And I liked what we showed on defense late in the game and we need to work on keeping that intensity up the entire game.

So great win in a game that we shouldn't have needed a great win. But I choose to focus on the positives I saw in this win.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 am There were some positives and negatives about that game so people saying it was a great win are right and people saying it isn't are also right. This is a team we should have probably beaten easy but I will not be surprised if they end up better than what there record is currently showing(not a good team but not awful). Our defense was pretty bad early in the game letting them get some wide open looks at 3. LAter in the game I thought our defense played really well but they just kept hitting 3's against some good defense. But I really liked the way we fought back and won the game. We didn't give up and never thought we were out of it. It was a gritty win.
I would of thought that everyone that hates how we stand around and jack up 3's would have loved this game. We fought back in the second half without relying on 3 pointers. We shot 18 total 3's but I think we shot 13 or 14 in the first half(I don't have a break down so I could be a bit off there). We scored the most points in the paint since 2010. I really like us going inside and thought Naughton looked great in the post and gave us some good looks. I liked what we showed on offense tonight. And I liked what we showed on defense late in the game and we need to work on keeping that intensity up the entire game.

So great win in a game that we shouldn't have needed a great win. But I choose to focus on the positives I saw in this win.
Agree. I loved the way we played in the 2nd half. I wish we'd play like that always. Inside out basketball is so much better to watch than jacking and mostly missing 30+ threes
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

WOW what a game last night, I "almost" up and left but something told me to stick it out, and glad I did, HD is a true stud when he gets motivated, not sure how bad Herndon's leg is/was, think it was more of a scare but hoping nothing more than that. Boy could they shoot last night 50% was truly mad watching that. Gorski yeah he's truly worthless and stands around way too much and doesn't do much else. This was truly a great win to come back being down with 18 seconds and then to beat a gritty good shooting team like I said WOWZA...I was truly happy with this one big time, their grit and determination showed me a lot!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am
Couldn’t agree more! I think we might get better minutes from Meuller. Worth a try... My biggest problem with AE is he puts way to much into certain guys. Just cause Gorski had 5 3’s in an exhibition, that doesn’t correlate to current success. He might be lights out in practice, but that isn’t translating to games. It’s Adams time. He is our best perimeter defender. He’s prone to foul, but let’s get as much out of Lou as we can. We are a much better team with him on the court, even if he does some crazy outta control spins moves every once in awhile.
I agree on Adams, would much rather see him get more minutes and more minutes at critical times. I would also like to see Maldanado play more. Seems like he has vanished from the rotation. Then there is Mack who sounds like he may be back but should he redshirt at this point? Regardless, Gorski should only play spot minutes and AE can ride him when he is hot from 3. Otherwise, he needs to find a comfortable seat on the bench.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 am
I agree on Adams, would much rather see him get more minutes and more minutes at critical times. I would also like to see Maldanado play more. Seems like he has vanished from the rotation. Then there is Mack who sounds like he may be back but should he redshirt at this point? Regardless, Gorski should only play spot minutes and AE can ride him when he is hot from 3. Otherwise, he needs to find a comfortable seat on the bench.
Mack should redshirt IMO. Otherwise a waste of a year of eligibility.

Adams/James should soak up 60-65 minutes on the wing. The remaining 15-20 can be split between Gorski and Maldonado depending on matchups.

Lou gets himself in foul trouble occasionally and is a little prone to meltdowns, so there may be games he plays a few less minutes, but he is clearly our best option alongside James.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

NowherePoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:43 am
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 am
Mack should redshirt IMO. Otherwise a waste of a year of eligibility.

Adams/James should soak up 60-65 minutes on the wing. The remaining 15-20 can be split between Gorski and Maldonado depending on matchups.

Lou gets himself in foul trouble occasionally and is a little prone to meltdowns, so there may be games he plays a few less minutes, but he is clearly our best option alongside James.
This! I would love to see this happen!! This would also change our team from a 3 point based offense to a drive to the hole, mid range jumper offense. Adams is light years ahead of Gorski, especially defensively. We can play man up with any team with him out there. I think we need Mack tho. We have no real 3 point shooting threats except Dalton and Herndon and both are streaky. James, Kelly and Adams are decent, but not consistent enough or don’t get enough open looks
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

JJ's 3 pt percentage is wayyy down this year. He's in a major funk
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 pm JJ's 3 pt percentage is wayyy down this year. He's in a major funk
That's ok, maybe it'll pick up come conference season, when it means MORE!!! still like JJ and his game, he's turning into a good floor leader