OT: WWE Coming to the AA

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Last edited by wyocowboy2014 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think you mean super awesome!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

They did that before, maybe a decade ago or so, maybe longer. And just to show how out of the loop I am on pro-wrestling, I only recognize Randy Orton in that picture.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

There's a WWE live event coming to Boise soon, a friend of mine who works in sports radio got me a VIP pass. It's totally not my thing, but part of me wants to check it out! I'll let you guys know if it's something fun worth going to.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

After Stacy Kieber retired, I stopped watching WWE poop!

BTW, George Clooney has got to be gay to dump Stacy Kiefer in my totally honest opinion!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I haven't watched it in 15 years but I'd be down to go watch live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Not a fan, and won't be going...

That said, hats off to UW for using the AA for something other than basketball practice and games. This is the first non-UW athletics revenue event since Elton John appeared for the gay pride concert in April of 2009 (as best as I am recollecting).

Which in my opinion is :willybs:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I always go to them in Phoenix, you don't have to be a WWE fan to attend them. Good comedy value and over all a great night out.

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Fake wrestling? Wyoming has our UFC license now. It would be nice to see them get a UFC event instead of some juiced up theatre production.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:Not a fan, and won't be going...

That said, hats off to UW for using the AA for something other than basketball practice and games. This is the first non-UW athletics revenue event since Elton John appeared for the gay pride concert in April of 2009 (as best as I am recollecting).

There was a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert there 2010, along with Dierks Bentley.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Not a fan, and won't be going...

There was a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert there 2010, along with Dierks Bentley.

Still......having a concert series in the early fall or late spring would be a great way for the university to engage students and make some revenue off of the AA. Having one concert every 5 years is crazy.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Sure it's fake...its entertainment! It's also great entertainment. That having been said, I think it's a great use of the AA. Let's get as much use out of this facility as possible. Sporting events, concerts, entertainment etc., it all means exposure and money for Laramie the university and state.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

American Horse wrote:Sure it's fake...its entertainment! It's also great entertainment. That having been said, I think it's a great use of the AA. Let's get as much use out of this facility as possible. Sporting events, concerts, entertainment etc., it all means exposure and money for Laramie the university and state.
Truer words have never been spoken about that place. I have been preaching that poop for years.

Anyone here remember bull riding in the AA? Now THAT was a great time!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

With the seats of the lower bowl being able to be pushed back, I wonder if we'd be able to host Monster Jam or maybe Arenacross events?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

McPeachy wrote:
American Horse wrote:Sure it's fake...its entertainment! It's also great entertainment. That having been said, I think it's a great use of the AA. Let's get as much use out of this facility as possible. Sporting events, concerts, entertainment etc., it all means exposure and money for Laramie the university and state.
Truer words have never been spoken about that place. I have been preaching that poop for years.

Anyone here remember bull riding in the AA? Now THAT was a great time!
Not sure if they had it since but I was at the PBR event. Maybe 99'?

W-Y, Until I Die!