MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Results after day one:
Templeman: 1-1
Meredith: 2-0
Harms: 1-1

Templeman lost his first match, it was a close one vs the MAC champion. Won his second match in the closing seconds.
Meredith whipped his opponent from Arizona State in the first match, beat his former teammate (#3 seeded) in the second match.
Harms beat his first opponent, got beaten pretty good by a former world champion in the second.

All three are alive for tomorrow's action.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Cowboys are in 31st place with 5.5 points. Penn State, Ohio State, and Oklahoma State are running away with this.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

MrTitleist wrote:Cowboys are in 31st place with 5.5 points. Penn State, Ohio State, and Oklahoma State are running away with this.
Dieringer from Ok St. is one of the most impressive wrestlers I've ever seen. Freaking animal. I've watched a lot of college wrestling (I've been to Omaha, Oklahoma Coty and Des Moines to watch nationals).
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Good job cowboys. I think Meredith is for sure going to be AA.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

If there are three Cowboys left at the end of tomorrow they can all be All-Americans.
ImageImageImageImage
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Meredith just won in the quarterfinals. Very exciting match. was up 1-0 till 30 seconds left in the match. Then the OSU wrestler got a take down to go up 2-1 and in the final 5 seconds Bryce reversed it and got him in a cradle and got back points to win 5-2. Watched it on my ESPN App. Haven't watched wrestling in years.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote:Meredith just won in the quarterfinals. Very exciting match. was up 1-0 till 30 seconds left in the match. Then the OSU wrestler got a take down to go up 2-1 and in the final 5 seconds Bryce reversed it and got him in a cradle and got back points to win 5-2. Watched it on my ESPN App. Haven't watched wrestling in years.
I didn't know it was on ESPN :( I thought you had to shell out $$ to Flowrestling or trackwrestling or whatever. Can you rewatch the match on Watch ESPN?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Templemann loses to the kid from Lehigh and his tourney is over. Harms still to wrestle. With Meredith in the semis, that moves Wyo up to 17 in the team score. You can watch the semis on ESPN tonight starting at 8 eastern.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
TSpoke wrote:Meredith just won in the quarterfinals. Very exciting match. was up 1-0 till 30 seconds left in the match. Then the OSU wrestler got a take down to go up 2-1 and in the final 5 seconds Bryce reversed it and got him in a cradle and got back points to win 5-2. Watched it on my ESPN App. Haven't watched wrestling in years.
I didn't know it was on ESPN :( I thought you had to shell out $$ to Flowrestling or trackwrestling or whatever. Can you rewatch the match on Watch ESPN?
I don't know if they have an archive of matches. they are broadcasting on ESPNU I believe but on ESPN3 they have a feed of every mat. Pretty cool.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote:Templemann loses to the kid from Lehigh and his tourney is over. Harms still to wrestle. With Meredith in the semis, that moves Wyo up to 17 in the team score. You can watch the semis on ESPN tonight starting at 8 eastern.
Which ESPN? I hope it's not ESPN U because I don't get ESPN U
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Templemann loses to the kid from Lehigh and his tourney is over. Harms still to wrestle. With Meredith in the semis, that moves Wyo up to 17 in the team score. You can watch the semis on ESPN tonight starting at 8 eastern.
Which ESPN? I hope it's not ESPN U because I don't get ESPN U
THE ESPN...primetime!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

You can watch it on ESPN online.
ImageImageImageImage
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Just looked at team scores and Pokes currently 16th. Real possibility of moving up 2-3 places but don't think we can make the top-10.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Harms just stuck a Princeton kid in 1st period.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Pokes in 19th place following Harms' pin.

What a reversal for the team compared to recent NCAAs. The Pokes have performed about as good as could have possibly been expected so far this year in the NCAAs!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

How close are we to 15th? 10th?

I was hoping wrestling in the big 12 would give us a better opportunity to send more guys to the NCAA's, I was kinda bummed to only see 3 this year. I imagine we'd get pretty close to the top 15 or even top 10 with just 1 or 2 more qualifiers getting 1 or 2 wins.

Go Pokes!

Anybody know what time Bryce wrestles tonight? It looks like coverage starts at 6, but I'm hoping he wrestles a bit later because I'm taking some clients to dinner tonight. If he wrestles early, it looks like we're canceling our reservation to Ruth's Chris and going to Dave and Buster's lol
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

The fact the Pokes are in the top 20 with three guys is pretty impressive.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
Anybody know what time Bryce wrestles tonight? It looks like coverage starts at 6, but I'm hoping he wrestles a bit later because I'm taking some clients to dinner tonight. If he wrestles early, it looks like we're canceling our reservation to Ruth's Chris and going to Dave and Buster's lol
141 will be the 3rd weight class...probably about 635 or so.

If Bryce wins and go to the finals, Wyoming will shoot up into the Top 15. If Harms and Meredith both take home AA, Wyoming will most likely be top 15.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Harms with the pin! He's off to face Marsden from Oklahoma State, rematch of the Big12 final.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Keep it rolling, Tanner!