Cowboy wrestling at the NCAAs

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:I watched his match full screen. Did anybody watch the split screen espn broadcast? How did Bryce's next opponent look?
I watched the split screen, but I can honestly say I didn't really take my eyes off the Meredith match. That's just too much to pay attention too. :D
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I watched his match full screen. Did anybody watch the split screen espn broadcast? How did Bryce's next opponent look?
Heil is tough and stayed really solid. Meredith lost to him early this year but did not face him at the Big 12 championships. The way Meredith is wresting, he has a great shot!!
Meredith just knocked off the 6 seed, the 3 seed, and the 2 seed today. He's on fire.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

ESPN2 just corrected themselves. Now it's the first Wyoming Cowboy to make the finals since 96.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:Unreal!!! First finalist since the 50s. Congrats Bryce Meredith!!!
Wrong. Reese Andy was a 2 time finalist in 94 and 96

Blame ESPN2. Maybe they meant, he's the first Wyoming prep wrestler to make the finals since 58.
ESPN got the memo and just corrected themselves to clarify its been a little over 20 years.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

This is incredibly huge. I know most of you are basketball guys and are worried about your pot smokers but once again it's the wrestling team bearing the positive flag for WYO. Don't just support a sport, support the brand. The last two NCAA tournaments have been somewhat disappointing but that changed this year. All qualifiers scored points and WY should end up top 20.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I'm pretty sure ESPN meant to say that he's the first Wyoming native to make the finals since 58 but they screwed that up too. Jerry Frude and Dick Ballinger made the finals in 1960 and both of them are from Wyoming.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Marsden over Harms 13-5. Great tournament for Harms, a good way to finish off his career at UW. Unfortunately just a bit short of AA.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Awesome to see
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Amazing. Bryce Meredith is doing his state proud. Terrific night for him and the Cowboy wrestling team. Glad he came back home.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I watched their match here in Laramie. I think Heil won 6-5 or something like that. Heil is a defensive, counter action wrestler that never takes any chances and never gets out of position (I hate this style because it's unhealthy for the sport and is boring). Expect a close match and don't expect Heil to shoot any more than he absolutely has to and expect Bryce to take 2x the shots and be the more aggressive wrestler.

Go, Bryce! Let's do this!
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
I watched their match here in Laramie. I think Heil won 6-5 or something like that. Heil is a defensive, counter action wrestler that never takes any chances and never gets out of position (I hate this style because it's unhealthy for the sport and is boring). Expect a close match and don't expect Heil to shoot any more than he absolutely has to and expect Bryce to take 2x the shots and being the more aggressive wrestler.

Go, Bryce! Let's do this!
Pretty spot on, I'd expect a low scoring match. Heil is damn good, but he's not gonna take many chances and hasn't all year, so if Bryce could get a takedown or something early and make him wrestle from behind, I think there's a chance
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Bryce weighed in wearing old vans lol what a badass
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

I gotta say, this was the best Branch coaching job I've seen since he arrived in Wyoming. Bryce beat a higher ranked ex teammate, and continued to the National Championship. That will help recruiting, any way you look at it. So proud of Bryce & Harms!! Job well done!! top 20 finish!!