Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Great to see a wrestling article!

Hopefully Colgan gets a bid. With Stroh's season, I don't think that there is any chance that he will be selected (even despite the fact he is already a 2 time qualifier).

Meredith and Harms both have good shots at AAs. That would be a huge boost for the program.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

I've slacked big-time this season. Sorry. :( Usually my favorite sport to write about.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Go, Pokes. SDSU had a good team this year for some reason. They usually suck
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

NCAA Championship selection/pairing show on right now.

125 - Drew Templeman, will face the #8 seed from Mizzou.

141 - #14 Bryce Meredith will face Mathers from Arizona State. Interesting note, would face his former teammate #3 Jack from NC State in the 2nd round.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

HWT - #15 Tanner Harms will face Ryan of Columbia, would see #2 (and reigning World Champion) Snyder of Ohio State in the 2nd round.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Good draw for Meredith! He could make noise with an upset of Jack (assuming they both win their first match). I would have to think that he would know Jack very well as they were both freshman last year for NC State and probably drilled constantly (Meredith starter at 133 and Jack at 141).
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Will be interesting to see what happens. Pokes have been wrestling pretty tough in the latter part of the season after a real slow start. I must agree with LPs assessment of South Dakota State. What in the hell got into them?! It does give me hope for the Poke FB team though. Miracles do happen!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote:Good draw for Meredith! He could make noise with an upset of Jack (assuming they both win their first match). I would have to think that he would know Jack very well as they were both freshman last year for NC State and probably drilled constantly (Meredith starter at 133 and Jack at 141).
Good point. It's always weird when you have to wrestle a teammate, brother, cousin or someone else you're familiar with . Anything could happen.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Side note: It was definitely harder to qualify in the Big XII. We probably would have had two more qualifiers if you take out the Big XII schools. Colgan and Mendenhall probably would have beaten all former Western Wrestling Conference guys.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Side note: It was definitely harder to qualify in the Big XII. We probably would have had two more qualifiers if you take out the Big XII schools. Colgan and Mendenhall probably would have beaten all former Western Wrestling Conference guys.
True, we would have had more. The nice thing though, is that when one of our guys qualifies through the Big XII tourney, you know they are a legit contender. We will have less guys going to NCAAs, but I think we will have less guys go 2 and out as well. If they make it, they will be a threat to make All-American.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Side note: It was definitely harder to qualify in the Big XII. We probably would have had two more qualifiers if you take out the Big XII schools. Colgan and Mendenhall probably would have beaten all former Western Wrestling Conference guys.
True, we would have had more. The nice thing though, is that when one of our guys qualifies through the Big XII tourney, you know they are a legit contender. We will have less guys going to NCAAs, but I think we will have less guys go 2 and out as well. If they make it, they will be a threat to make All-American.
I think it is a wash in the long run as far as number of qualifiers. This year, it hurt us. Other years, it will help us. Keep in mind that 125s had an astounding 6 automatic bids!!!

What being in the Big XII should help is in recruiting to all the schools. So I think going forward, you will see even more automatic qualifiers per weight class in the Big XII.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

No at large bids, just those 3 guys
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Go Pokes!!!!