2014-2015 Poke Wrestling

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Matches are on http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#sport/wrestling/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if anyone is interested.

Stroh takes first match 4-0
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Delgado is a good wrestler but he is stalling the poop out of Cox, He knows how far he can push the ref before he gets a warning.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Can't stand wrestlers that do that poop and can't wait to see him get beat.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Can't stand wrestlers that do that poop and can't wait to see him get beat.
Delgado is a notorious bitch.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Can't stand wrestlers that do that poop and can't wait to see him get beat.
I'll give him his due but as a two time champion he knows how much he can get away with and they let him get away with more stalling without penalizing him. It's not just him top rated wrestlers always have a little more leeway when it comes to playing the clock and I wish they didn't.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
I'll give him his due but as a two time champion he knows how much he can get away with and they let him get away with more stalling without penalizing him. It's not just him top rated wrestlers always have a little more leeway when it comes to playing the clock and I wish they didn't.
Imo wrestling needs to make some rule changes to encourage offense. For the casual observer it would make it more enjoyable to watch.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Imo wrestling needs to make some rule changes to encourage offense. For the casual observer it would make it more enjoyable to watch.
They DID make changes. Just last year they updated the stalling rules to encourage more offense. To people that follow wrestling, it was a bit of a change, but I doubt the casual observer would see much difference.

Agree that the rules could use some more tweaking.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
They DID make changes. Just last year they updated the stalling rules to encourage more offense. To people that follow wrestling, it was a bit of a change, but I doubt the casual observer would see much difference.

I wasn't aware of this. I haven't been able to watch any college wrestling this year at all, however.

I'm talking about drastic changes.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

I wasn't aware of this. I haven't been able to watch any college wrestling this year at all, however.

I'm talking about drastic changes.
Off the top of my head I couldn't give you the exact rules. But I know they encouraged refs to call stalling much sooner, especially in instances where the man on top isn't working to turn. They also wanted to better enforce situations where a wrestler doesn't immediately recover towards center mat or when they sprawl away from the shot. I also believe getting pushed out is essentially an auto stall call now too.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Go Pokes! Cowboys got some terrible draws for 1st round but no excuses, it's time to perform. I said earlier I thought all wrestlers would be capable of winning a couple of matches but bringing home any AAs would be a long shot. I hope I was right on the first part and wrong on the second. Time will tell. At any rate, I'll be watching!