Cox drops a tough one to NDSU's Rodriquez
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Really, really crappy overall performance. I wonder what the hell's going on
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:Really, really crappy overall performance. I wonder what the hell's going on
W
With the team as a whole or Tyler?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

wyokoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Really, really crappy overall performance. I wonder what the hell's going on
W
The team as a whole. Cox wrestled ok and qualified. Friesth, McCulley, and Harms kinda crapped the bed, Hopefully Friesth and McCulley can get at-large bids.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
W
The team as a whole. Cox wrestled ok and qualified. Friesth, McCulley, and Harms kinda crapped the bed, Hopefully Friesth and McCulley can get at-large bids.
I've only half been following on twitter, but I was surprised Colgan got to the championship. So we have Cox, Woods, Stroh, and Colgan qualified, right?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

wyokoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
W
I've only half been following on twitter, but I was surprised Colgan got to the championship. So we have Cox, Woods, Stroh, and Colgan qualified, right?
Colgan did not qualify. Only one from his weight gets to go. off the top of my head the # of qualifiers per weight go like this:
125 - 4
133 - 1
141 - 1
149 - 1
157 - 1
165 - 2
174 - 2
184 - 2
197 - 2
HWT - 2
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
W
Colgan did not qualify. Only one from his weight gets to go. off the top of my head the # of qualifiers per weight go like this:
125 - 4
133 - 1
141 - 1
149 - 1
157 - 1
165 - 2
174 - 2
184 - 2
197 - 2
HWT - 2
I thought 57 got 2, I definitely could be wrong. The other three all did though?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

You could be rightactually, it looks like Friesth could qualify in a true second place vs. Stafford from Air Force.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Anyone know when they are going to wrestle these 2nd place matches?
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Extremely disappointing tourney to say the least. Only 3 guaranteed at the NCAAs, and all of them long shots to be AA. That would be two years in a row without any AAs after several years of placers, some years multiple AAs. Extremely disappointing.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Sorry, I screwed up. WY actually has 5 qualifiers. That's better, I'm not quite so depressed but still don't think it was a great tournament for the Pokes.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

American Horse wrote:Sorry, I screwed up. WY actually has 5 qualifiers. That's better, I'm not quite so depressed but still don't think it was a great tournament for the Pokes.
Anything less than a WWC title is a disappointment, I think. Team certainly had the firepower to win it, but didn't wrestle particularly well in the 1st round. Hopefully the Pokes can qualify one or two more through a wild card.
ImageImageImageImage
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:
American Horse wrote:Sorry, I screwed up. WY actually has 5 qualifiers. That's better, I'm not quite so depressed but still don't think it was a great tournament for the Pokes.
Anything less than a WWC title is a disappointment, I think. Team certainly had the firepower to win it, but didn't wrestle particularly well in the 1st round. Hopefully the Pokes can qualify one or two more through a wild card.
I agree with this 100%. Should win it just about every year, and that first round just about did us in
American Horse
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
100% agree Mr. Titleist.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wait, so who qualified? I thought it was just Stroh, Woods and Cox
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

So...Wyoming didn't win the WCC this year? But had 3 wrestlers qualify for the NCAA (Stroh, Woods, Cox)? Best of luck to those 3.

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... f2daf.html
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

McPeachy wrote:So...Wyoming didn't win the WCC this year? But had 3 wrestlers qualify for the NCAA (Stroh, Woods, Cox)? Best of luck to those 3.

Looks like they had 5 qualify automatically (Cox, Friesth, Stroh, Woods & Harms) and Im guessing McCulley will get an at large.
Last edited by 303cowboy on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

303cowboy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:So...Wyoming didn't win the WCC this year? But had 3 wrestlers qualify for the NCAA (Stroh, Woods, Cox)? Best of luck to those 3.

Looks like they had 5 qualify atomically (Cox, Friesth, Stroh, Woods & Harms) and Im guessing McCulley will get an at large.
I think there is some major confusion here thanks to an extremely poorly written article by Wyosports. Friesth and Harms lost their true second place matches and therefore do not automatically qualify. Wyosports, by saying Friesth and Harms qualify for an at-large bid is misleading at best and outright wrong at worst. Technically, any wrestler in the country qualifies for consideration of an at-large selection. It would be impossible for Friesth to and Harms to have earned at-large selections because they will be informed on Wed. if they have indeed been awarded an at-large selection. The decision has not been made, yet. I would say the McCulley and Friesth stand a good chance of getting an at-large, but Harms not so much.