WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Weird. No bleachers?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
Weird. No bleachers?
I believe bleachers will be put in place sometime today. I know I read that somewhere.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I like it. That place is essentially a giant shed, so it echoes a lot. Get 2000-3000 people in there and it will be pretty loud, much louder than the AA would be with 2-3K.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Anybody know how the dual turned out? I cannot find anything.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

22-13 Nebraaaaaska [PILE OF POO]
aranderson
Cowpoke

Well dang. If there was a higher ranked team I thought we would beat it was them.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

On a slightly positive note, no Cowboy that "should" have won lost, and #16 Ben Stroh came away with a mild upset of #13 Dudley.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote:On a slightly positive note, no Cowboy that "should" have won lost, and #16 Ben Stroh came away with a mild upset of #13 Dudley.
Sounds like he killed Dudley. That is a good sign because he lost to him twice last year. Mendehall got killed as did Templeman. I wanted to see more from those two. :tickedoff:
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

Really glad to see Cox take another Cowboy Open Title. It was also nice to see Harms step up, I really hope he can finally stay healthy for an entire season. I also like McCulley in the 174 slot, it should make our dual team stronger. Colgan looks like he will fit in well at 157.

Surprised to see B. Stroh lose to Nebraska's 184 backup, but man he went on a tear in the wrestle-backs. I doubt Friesth stays ranked, he had a tough day.

Overall it was a good tournament, with the toughest competition that I can recall at a Cowboy Open.

You can read about the results of the Cowboy Open here (with final brackets)..... http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-wrestl/re ... 14aad.html

Next weekend #1 Minnesota comes into Laramie. GO POKES!!!

Alpha, don't the Beavers go to Laramie this year?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Alpha, don't the Beavers go to Laramie this year?
Feb. 13 - Oregon State - Laramie, Wyo. - TBD
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Sounds like the Pokes had a better day Sat. then they did Friday night. NU is tough but I was hoping for a win in this dual. If the boys can stay healthy, I look for constant improvement from this team. There is a good mix of young and veterans. With this years schedule, their dual record may not be great but it will pay dividends at years end.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

American Horse wrote:Sounds like the Pokes had a better day Sat. then they did Friday night. NU is tough but I was hoping for a win in this dual. If the boys can stay healthy, I look for constant improvement from this team. There is a good mix of young and veterans. With this years schedule, their dual record may not be great but it will pay dividends at years end.
Against Nebraska, a couple of Pokes were ahead after two periods, but couldn't hold on or the final team score could have been closer. A little disappointing.

If they hold any more wrestling matches in the IPF, maybe admin can add more bleachers so most fans aren't standing for an hour-and-a-half. And they'll have a better view.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

So they did have bleachers? What was the atmosphere like in the IPF?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wrestling Recap of Nebraska Dual (WYO-VISION)

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Open Recap (WYO-VISION)

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wrestlers Move Forward to Minnesota Dual (WYO-VISION)

Sophomores Jake Elliot (149lbs) and Ben Stroh (184lbs) comment on their performance at the Cowboy Open and the upcoming dual against Minnesota.