WyoNation.com exclusive interview with Mark Branch

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I did an interview with Mark Branch. Great guy, great interview. The Cowboys are headed to Oklahoma City tomorrow to wrestle in the NCAA tournament.
http://www.wyonation.com/2014/03/wyonat ... rk-branch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
Triple-WY
Buckaroo

Great interview! Thanks and good luck to the Pokes.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Great interview with a great coach! Coach Branch had some interesting points. He won't tolerate mediocrity and wants kids to EXPECT great things. He wants (and gets) these kids to be winners on the mat, classroom and in life...criminals and outlaws not wanted. Pretty good way to build a program. Best of luck to the wrestlers this weekend. Looking at the brackets this could be a tough year for the Pokes at the NCAA but never count them out!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Awesome interview. Can't stress enough how much I like Mark Branch as a coach. He's a model of what every coach at this University should be. I'm friends with him on Facebook and he is always doing fun activities with the team. Just the other day they had some "Olympic" competitions at his house. Played a corn-hole tossing tournament among other things. Every time I look they are having a team barbecue and stuff which is great. My favorite quote from this was " We’re kind of like hobos or gypsies sometimes". Gotta love the honesty!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Coach was terribly honest. If you read the interview in a subtle way he calls out the other WWC coaches basically saying, "get your poop together to improve this conference." He also talked about a merger or acquisition of teams.. seems to point towards the theory of joining up with the Big 12 at some point, or merging. I really didn't expect to talk to him as long as I did, but he was more than willing to chat away. Worked out good for me, I was working from home that morning, so I had plenty of time to do an interview.
ImageImageImageImage
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

Excellent interview Mr. T. Love reading what Branch has to say about expectations and building the program. Realigning the conference or possibly joining a new conference is good news to hear. Things are good right now for our wrestling program, but Branch definitely has bigger asperations in mind.
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

I've had the chance to talk with Coach Branch a few times. Great guy. He's always got time to talk with anyone about the program and University, and he's about the nicest person you'll ever meet. If you ever see him around Laramie be sure to say hi.