Big Win Last Night!!! Way to go Pokes!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyoming 28 - Air Force 14

Stroh and McCulley with pins again! Pfeifer an EXTREMELY undersized heavyweight and Hulett native with another win!

Unfortunately #8 ranked Tyler Cox (and Gillette native) loses a 2-1 decision to #4 ranked Josh Martinez. Cox has beat Martinez before.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

nice
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Oh. THAT win.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

As we predicted, Branch has them going in the right direction after the SDSU loss. Really proud of Pfeiffer. Undersized in all matches and out talented in most, he continues to out-heart a lot of opponents. Also some good work on top. Starting to pick up some pins and getting back points. Still expect an inconsistency here and there with a team this young but looks like things are rolling the right direction!
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

That was a good win last night. Hard to believe that Pfeifer started the season at 184. Mendenhall has also been wrestling really well. The 125 class in the WWC is tough, I see Rauser is back on the mat for Utah Valley.
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I agree, the 125 weight class seems to be the toughest weight class in the conference year in and year out. I believe it had 4 qualifiers in one recent year. My guess would be that it will have 3 this year.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

how's Jace Jensen been doing??? i'm from Buffalo too, Go Bison
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:how's Jace Jensen been doing??? i'm from Buffalo too, Go Bison
I know he's split some time w/ Havlic @ 174. Not too many wins coming from the 174 slot during the out of conference dual season, it seemed every dual was against top 10 competition. Not sure how he's fared in tourneys this year.