Top ranked CO wrestler wants to come to UW

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
FireAttack
Buckaroo

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20140 ... ege-dreams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

He won the Top of the Rockies this past weekend (which is pretty much the toughest tournament in the region and has been since I was in HS). Could turn out to be a good get.

We need to actively recruit Tevis Bartlett from Cheyenne East!! He has FBS football offers already, but could be a beast if he were to play two sports at Wyo (football/wrestling) ala Dusty Hoffschneider! Bartlett won the Reno Tournament of Champions which is the best HS tournament west of the Mississippi.

Also, Bryce Meredith from Cheyenne Central signed with NC State. I don't know whether Wyoming actively recruited him, but he will likely be a 4-timer after the State Tournament and has placed multiple times at the Ironman (which is considered the best high school wrestling tournamant in the country).
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Lets hope we can get him. Wrestling is a sport where scholarship $ can be split so hopefully there is some money there for him.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:He won the Top of the Rockies this past weekend (which is pretty much the toughest tournament in the region and has been since I was in HS). Could turn out to be a good get.

We need to actively recruit Tevis Bartlett from Cheyenne East!! He has FBS football offers already, but could be a beast if he were to play two sports at Wyo (football/wrestling) ala Dusty Hoffschneider! Bartlett won the Reno Tournament of Champions which is the best HS tournament west of the Mississippi.

Also, Bryce Meredith from Cheyenne Central signed with NC State. I don't know whether Wyoming actively recruited him, but he will likely be a 4-timer after the State Tournament and has placed multiple times at the Ironman (which is considered the best high school wrestling tournamant in the country).
It looks like Bartlett has offers to UW and UNC for football. If he truly wanted to go for wrestling he could go almost anywhere he wants, but if he wants to stick with football we definitely have a shot to get him IMO.

Bryce looks like he would wrestle at 141 pounds in college, UW already has 4 guys listed at 141 and 2 of them are RS Freshman...could have had something to do with it; or maybe he wants to go elsewhere.
Last edited by WestWYOPoke on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Sounds like there's a bit of Cowboy in him already.