Mark Branch Post Dual Interview

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

I love Mark Branch so much. He is the very definition of not taking anything as good enough. The other coaches at UW could learn a thing or two from this guy

American Horse
Ranch Hand

I agree 100%. He came from a great program and wants to make UW a great program too. He is not using this university as a "stepping stone." UW, it's students and the whole state should be embracing this coach and program.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

American Horse wrote:I agree 100%. He came from a great program and wants to make UW a great program too. He is not using this university as a "stepping stone." UW, it's students and the whole state should be embracing this coach and program.
It's wrestling though.
Most people just don't give a poop.
Wrestling fans can spin it all they want but at the end of the day, it's just wrestling.

I think it's cool what he is doing, and how Wyo is a powerhouse wrestling program, but I don't have Wyo wrestling passion.
I'm just not a wrestling fan, like most people on here.
I don't hate it, but I just don't care at the end of the day.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I did like that interview. He accepts losses, but he doesn't accept not trying.
That's the way it should be.
If you lose, it's okay as long as you REALLY tried and competed, then the coach will make his adjustments and new schemes to win the next time.

And when I say as long as you tried it's okay, I do NOT mean that "show up and get a f-word ribbon" BS we have now a days. I mean REALLY trying. Putting 100% effort into it. Doing everything you can to win. Not giving up.
If, after you have done ALL of that, a loss is okay. If you don't do all of that, then wtf are you doing?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

And when I say as long as you tried it's okay, I do NOT mean that "show up and get a f-word ribbon" BS we have now a days. I mean REALLY trying. Putting 100% effort into it. Doing everything you can to win. Not giving up.
If, after you have done ALL of that, a loss is okay. If you don't do all of that, then wtf are you doing?

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. We are doing nothing but breeding non-competitors and mediocrity by handing out "participation" medals.

As far as wrestling fans "spinning" anything I am not sure where that comes from. Where did you read anything that was "spin?" I did say I thought the university, state etc. should get behind this program but that is my opinion, not "spin." I back all UW programs. I am not a B-ball fan but I will support them and other programs all I can. I even go watch them when I get the chance, even though I don't enjoy it that much. Unlike you, I don't say "it's just basketball" even though I know one wrestling practice would kill most on the team. I am proud of the b-ball team just as I am proud of all UW teams.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

American Horse wrote:And when I say as long as you tried it's okay, I do NOT mean that "show up and get a f-word ribbon" BS we have now a days. I mean REALLY trying. Putting 100% effort into it. Doing everything you can to win. Not giving up.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. We are doing nothing but breeding non-competitors and mediocrity by handing out "participation" medals.

As far as wrestling fans "spinning" anything I am not sure where that comes from. Where did you read anything that was "spin?" I did say I thought the university, state etc. should get behind this program but that is my opinion, not "spin." I back all UW programs. I am not a B-ball fan but I will support them and other programs all I can. I even go watch them when I get the chance, even though I don't enjoy it that much. Unlike you, I don't say "it's just basketball" even though I know one wrestling practice would kill most on the team. I am proud of the b-ball team just as I am proud of all UW teams.
I wasn't saying you are spinning it, just that sometimes people say things like "They are ranked, and our best program we have to go watch them!".

And for you personally, you probably know this, but there are more hoops fans than wrestling fans.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Wrestling fans can spin it all they want but at the end of the day, it's just wrestling.

I wasn't saying you are spinning it, just that sometimes people say things like "They are ranked, and our best program we have to go watch them!".

Sorry, when I read that in your post,I thought you meant that we wrestling fans were "spinning" something. Maybe you can see from your two posts how I got confused.

Anyway I am not trying to start an argument here. I realize wrestling will never be one of the "glamour" sports like football and basketball and the fan base is much smaller. The point I was trying to make is that WYO does have a nationally recognized program and ppl. should support it and crow about it all they can. Go watch a dual or trny., come out of your comfort zone, maybe you can BECOME a wrestling fan!