GCU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sitting on the rail behind the basket and end of Pokes bench, GCU was just bigger, more together and WANTED it more. This team has flashes but where are our shooters, does anyone else want it and want to lead? To me they all seem to be going thru the motions and are extremely afraid to make game mistakes. I'm at a loss by seeing what we're all seeing, this December schedule doesn't get any easier, I just hope a leader comes to the forefront and wants to play basketball, and I hope we start going away from the slowdown Shyatt style, we have athletes, let's see em roll at 7220 and gas opponents there. Yes we can still be good but the pressure is now gone for any at large bid. IT'S TIME FOR THIS TEAM TO GO TO WORK AND GET IT DONE!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:25 pm Sitting on the rail behind the basket and end of Pokes bench, GCU was just bigger, more together and WANTED it more. This team has flashes but where are our shooters, does anyone else want it and want to lead? To me they all seem to be going thru the motions and are extremely afraid to make game mistakes. I'm at a loss by seeing what we're all seeing, this December schedule doesn't get any easier, I just hope a leader comes to the forefront and wants to play basketball, and I hope we start going away from the slowdown Shyatt style, we have athletes, let's see em roll at 7220 and gas opponents there. Yes we can still be good but the pressure is now gone for any at large bid. IT'S TIME FOR THIS TEAM TO GO TO WORK AND GET IT DONE!!!!
I wish we would play Shyatt style. Those teams wouldn’t Jack 40 3s a game and would actually try to score points in the paint. This offense is pretty much the same one that I see most teams running in Half Acre.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Who are the trainers for Linder? Same as the football team? Sounds like he needs new better ones to keep the players healthy.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:02 am Who are the trainers for Linder? Same as the football team? Sounds like he needs new better ones to keep the players healthy.
No, football has 5 full-time strength coaches that only do football. Basketball has their own S&C coach.

Unless you meant athletic trainers, in which case there are 4 with football and 1 with Mens Bball.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Another year...another let down

7-5 Football and middling BB is our lot.......
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:40 pm Another year...another let down

On the bright side, our women's soccer team came close to winning the MW Tournament and getting the automatic bid to the NCAAs.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:40 pm Another year...another let down

On the bright side, our women's soccer team came close to winning the MW Tournament and getting the automatic bid to the NCAAs.
"...came close..."
Sounds like the same old poop to me.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:09 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53 pm

"...came close..."
Sounds like the same old Sh#t to me.
Preach.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."